Posted on: July 8, 2019
We've got the keys to a rewarding career, drive on over to
Have the drive to be a part of a top service department? Want to
keep the best fleet up and running?
If you're happy under the hood, you're a perfect fit! We're hiring
Diesel Technicians in Medford, Oregon.
Click here to see what makes Penske great!
As part of our company, we provide training, encouragement and
growth within a team environment. We invest in your professional
growth by providing you with education and training opportunities
to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain
valuable knowledge in the transportation industry and skills that
will last a lifetime.
What do you need to become a diesel technician/mechanic? The main
function of the Penske Technician II will be to generally assist in
the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace
major components of various truck and trailer equipment at the
direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor.
Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the
following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems,
Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air
Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive
Shift expectations are:
Tues. - Fri., 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Sat., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In addition, the diesel technician will have these major
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with
some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include
differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and
wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators,
HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's,
ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan
clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including
ABS, Suspension systems( (spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of
equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck
and trailer equipment
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or
to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using
hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and
specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include
replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
To succeed in this role, the technician will have the following
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or Technical certification preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- A valid driver's license is required, and, must either possess
a CDL or have the ability to obtain a CDL license required
- Must have a Positive attitude and willingness to grow in
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical
area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location
required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a
reference verification (to include past employment and education)
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The associate will be required to remember and understand certain
instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must
be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group, GE Capital Holdings and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A
leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates
more than 250,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than
1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia,
and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing,
contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used
truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply
chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn
Ready to turn wrenches? Apply for this position and start your
Keywords: Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel
Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck
Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic,
Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment,
Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And
Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck &
Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic,
Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician,
Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech,
Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, Detroit Diesel,
Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth,
Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu
Keywords: Penske, Medford , Diesel Technician/Mechanic, Professions , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!