Licensed Electrician/Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Tree Top Inc.
Posted on: February 10, 2019
POSITION: Licensed Electrician/Maintenance Mechanic
JOB ID: 939
# OF OPENINGS: 1
OREGON LICENSED ELECTRICIAN - MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
SUMMARY: The Licensed Electrician will primarily perform electrical duties however this position will also be responsible for the maintenance repairs of all plant equipment and facilities. Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, utilities, tools, conveyor systems, production machines, etc. Some maintenance of control systems and electric systems is also required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to Tree Top operational policies, safety rules, procedures and good manufacturing practices. It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. The Organization chart indicates key personnel with the authority to take action. This is a representative sample--not to imply a complete listing of all responsibilities and tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This is a representative sample--not to imply a complete listing of all responsibilities and tasks.
* Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of all equipment within the plant by maintaining refrigeration and hydraulic systems; plumbing, steam and pneumatic systems; heat and air conditioning; sheet metal repairs.
* Required to take initiative as an individual to identify and solve problems, and work in a team approach with the maintenance, production and other groups.
* Maintains power transmission equipment, seals, bearings, gears and shafts.
* Completes boiler repairs and maintenance as necessary.
* Responsible for cleanup of equipment and shop area; proper storage of tools and materials.
* Examines parts visually, magnified and by touch to detect imperfections.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Determines cause of problems and decides on corrective action, both temporary and long term fixes.
* Repairs or replaces defective parts.
* Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
* Lubricates and cleans parts.
* Starts devices to test their performance.
* Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
* Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
* Repairs or replaces electrical equipment.
* Reports and charges time and materials used on jobs.
* Complies with established safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
* May perform other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related mechanic, millwright or maintenance experience.
* Machinist, metal fabrication, welding, and electrical/control systems skills.
* Knowledgeable of Windows based spreadsheet, database and word processing applications.
* Electrician must have Electrical License for the State of Oregon.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Must be able to read and write in English.
* Must be able to accurately follow detailed written and verbal instructions and accurate keep records.
* Ability to communicate in English/Spanish is an asset.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers or supervisors and
employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Completion of a forklift safety training course, if driving forklift.
* CPR and First Aid certified desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock.
* The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. The employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying and meet the qualifications above, please submit your resume and cover letter to
*Drug and Alcohol testing/criminal background check required. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Tree Top Inc., Medford , Licensed Electrician/Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!