Environmental & Waste Handling Technician
Company: Tree Top Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2019
POSITION: Environmental & Waste Handling Technician
JOB ID: 928
# OF OPENINGS: 1
ENVIRONMENTAL & WASTE HANDLING TECHNICIAN
$13.00 - $17.75/HR.
Responsible for the operation, monitoring and reporting during production and non-production periods to ensure compliance with storm water, land application and wastewater permits.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to Tree Top operational policies, safety rules, procedures and good manufacturing practices. It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. The Organization chart indicated key personnel with the authority to take action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Compliance with Regional Wastewater Reclamation Facility (RWRF) Permit
* Monitor and control wastewater discharge operation.
* Record wastewater discharge flow and pH
* Collect samples for pH, BOD, and TSS and deliver to outside lab as required.
* Monitor equipment performance and provide maintenance support as required.
* Interface with RWRF technicians.
* Review daily pH and volume trend charts as required and report issues to supervisor.
Compliance with Storm Water Permit
* Monitor and control storm water discharge.
Compliance with Land Application Permit
* Monitor and control rinse water application at land application site.
SOLID WASTE AND RINSE WATER HANDLING RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitor and control fruit waste and pit collection and grinding.
* Coordinate with fruit waste trucking company for the removal of fruit and any liquid waste to be transferred.
* Coordinate with rinse water trucking company for the transfer of rinse water to the land application site. Record information regarding the quantity of trucks loaded for transfer.
* Coordinate removal of site compactor waste.
WATER RECOVERY AND RINSE WATER HANDLING RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitor and control water recovery and reuse inside plant.
* Monitor and control collection of rinse water for deliver to land application site.
* Coordinate with rinse water trucking company for the removal of the rinse water.
* Clean and store environmental equipment in appropriate locations.
* Log all utility meter reading into PC spreadsheets.
* Manage all Co-Mingle recycling bins on campus.
* May perform other duties as assigned or requested by supervisor.
* Assists with Master Sanitation schedules of other departments as directed by supervisor or Environmental and Waste Handling Lead.
* Clean and organize chemical room & racks.
* Perform chemical inventory as requested by supervisor.
* Keep chemical dispensers stocked & rinse out empties as needed.
* Dispense chemical into secondary containers for sanitation as needed.
Perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 1 year experience (or equivalent training) in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater system preferred.
* Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Email.
* Must have the ability to perform routine laboratory analysis in a manner that ensures QA/QC in accordance with standardized testing procedures.
* Must be able to interpret the routine laboratory analysis and Wastewater process data.
* Must be able to perform basic process and maintenance troubleshooting.
* Must have the ability to understand safety regulations and perform in a safe manner.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must be able to read and understand English.
Ability to add and subtract; compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver s license. Must complete a forklift safety training course.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or grasp objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. The employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job profiles are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts, working conditions or similar behaviors, attributes or requirements associated with a job. A job profile is not a comprehensive job description. It is intended for the sole purpose of acquainting a person who is unfamiliar with such position with a brief overview of the position's general direction and scope. This position profile is company confidential, is intended for internal use only and may not be copied or reproduced by anyone for any purpose without written permission from the Vice President of Human Resources
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Keywords: Tree Top Inc., Medford , Environmental & Waste Handling Technician, Professions , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!