OR Surgical Technician
Company: Klamath Orthopedic Clinic
Location: Klamath Falls
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you ready to take your career as an OR
Surgical Technician to the next level by joining a respected
practice in Klamath Falls, OR which makes profound improvements in
the quality of life for its patients? Klamath Orthopedic Clinic is
looking to hire an OR Surgical Technician for their Ambulatory
Surgery Center, South Cascade Surgery Center.At South Cascade
Surgery Center in Klamath Falls, Oregon, we specialize in
orthopedics the branch of medicine dedicated to healing broken
bones, ripped ligaments, torn tendons, arthritic joints, spinal
injuries and musculoskeletal tumors. Our team of physicians has a
combined total of 120 years of medical experience and founded this
ambulatory surgery center in order to provide exceptional surgical
care in a patient-centered, state-of-the-art facility.South Cascade
Surgery Center's highly-trained team of caring professionals are
committed to the well-being of our community and dedicated to
making each patient's brief stay a safe, positive experience.
Summary: The surgical technologist play an essential role in the
surgical setting, preparing both the patient and the operating room
for surgeries.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare both the patient and operating room for surgeries
- Has an understanding of the procedure being performed and
anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
- Ensure that all of the equipment needed for the procedure is
properly disinfected and assembled.
- Check equipment is in working order.
- Place sterile solutions in areas where they can be easily
reached by doctors.
- Carefully and properly handles sterilized items to ensure
sterility is maintained.
- Has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality
patient care during operative procedure and is constantly on vigil
for maintaining a sterile field.
- Responds in timely manner to requests from any OR staff for
help with instruments and trays needed for cases.
- Assists with room cleaning and preparation for each surgical
- Performs duties in compliance to State and OSHA
Regulations.Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Develops alternative solutions. Working knowledge of
washer-sterilizer, sonic, steam and gas sterilizers.
- Interpersonal - Keeps emotions under control. Must be sensitive
to other people's feelings and reactions - must understand pain and
how it affects the patient.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions. Possess the tact necessary to
communicate effectively with patients, physicians and
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able
to read and interpret written information.
- Team player - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires
and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust;
Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Makes timely
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to physician &
supervisor's direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
properly.Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Candidate must pass Urine Analysis and criminal
background check.Education/Experience:Post-secondary certificate or
associate's degree in the field to become surgical
technologist.Certification through the National Board of Surgical
Technology and Surgical Assisting and/or the National Center for
Competency Testing.Or have your LNP LicenseWork Environment:This is
a fast paced environment.While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is working in hospital OR rooms environment. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.Physical
Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100
pounds. It requires periods of prolonged standing and walking up to
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Klamath Orthopedic Clinic, Medford , OR Surgical Technician, Professions , Klamath Falls, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!