Associate Epic Analyst - Lab (Beaker) Team
Posted on: February 14, 2020
FTE/Hours: FTE: 1.0. Full-time, Exempt (80 hours per pay
Salary: Based on relevant experience / level of position.
Candidates at the higher levels of Epic Analyst roles may be
considered (such as Epic Analyst, Sr. Epic Analyst, etc). These
levels have higher education and experience requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for our Beaker team and prior lab
experience is highly preferred.
WHY ASANTEAsante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing
location. We are a community of passionate providers and
service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing
patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your
creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people
create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
The Epic Analyst Associate at Asante designs, analyzes, develops,
tests, implements and/or provides tier two technical assistance of
assigned system applications. In this role, the Analyst
demonstrates the ability to work with user departments to resolve
problems; and develops and modifies procedures to solve data
processing problems and/or prepares detailed specifications from
which programs will be written.
Team/Position Details: This position is for the Beaker (Lab) Team.
This position is specific to laboratory workflows in Microbiology.
Previous Lab experience is highly preferred.Please note: In order
to be considered for this position, qualified applicants will need
to take and pass a proprietary assessment developed by Epic Systems
- Associates degree, or the equivalent in education and/or
experience, is required
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- At least 1 year of healthcare related experience in the area(s)
of direct patient care, medical records, patient registration,
scheduling, claims and/or information technology within a hospital
or clinic or the equivalent in education and experience is
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel,
- Working experience in a healthcare environment such as
healthcare operations, clinical areas, or information services,
- Experience with programming, system analysis, configuration,
system implementation, and/or application support, preferred
- Knowledge of the systems lifecycle, client-server technologies,
clinical workflows and PC application support, preferred
- Experience with Visio, preferred
- May be required to acquire Epic Proficiency within three months
of hire and to complete annual EPIC proficiency requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in a
variety of decision-making scenarios
- Ability to work independently with little day to day
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of a group
- Good attention to detail and ability to probe for information
to fully understand the needs of the customer
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues with a can do
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work within a team and to manage conflict
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern OregonAsante is a local, community owned
and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides
comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a
nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It
includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue
Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical
Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the
Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually
all medical specialties and services are represented within an
organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over
5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities
for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work
positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the
community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live
and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we
serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ
and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals
with disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Asante, Medford , Associate Epic Analyst - Lab (Beaker) Team, Professions , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!