Company: 4LEAF, Inc
Posted on: November 18, 2023
ABOUT US4LEAF, Inc. is a professional engineering services firm
specializing in providing services to municipal Planning, Building,
and Public Works Departments throughout California, Oregon,
Washington, Nevada, and New England. We are seeking Associate
Planners in the Medford, Oregon area.DESCRIPTIONThe Associate
Planner position is characterized by increasingly specialized
knowledge of the planning field; it is distinguished from the
Assistant Planner position because it involves professional- level
duties and judgment. This position level reports to senior
planners. Under general supervision, the Associate Planner
researches, analyzes and prepares reports and recommendations on
planning related issues of minimal to moderate complexity; makes
oral and written presentations; and performs related professional
and technical planning duties as assigned.TYPICAL FUNCTIONS Typical
duties assigned to the Associate Planner position include, but are
not limited to the following:
- Checks building plans for zoning compliance.
- Interprets and applies applicable state, county and local
codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Initiates actions necessary to correct deficiencies or
violations of regulations.
- Conducts review of various development applications including
plats, permits, site plans, variance requests and re-zonings.
- Conducts extensive research in specific or general project
- Writes and presents formal and technical reports, working
papers, and correspondence.
- Writes, or assists in writing, a variety of ordinances and
regulations relating to development controls.
- Attends evening and weekend meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.TYPICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Experience with Permit Management Software (ie. Accela).
- Knowledge of Bluebeam.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more planning specialization, such
as economic development, transportation planning, or environmental
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and
- Knowledge of or experience in community remediation and
redevelopment, and knowledge of relevant Federal programs.
- Statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge and ability to
apply such knowledge in practical situations.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may
include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, econometric or
transportation modeling, database management, or GIS.TYPICAL SKILLS
- Effective communication both verbal and technical writing
skills and ability to present research findings to various boards
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information
to solve less well- defined practical problems.
- Ability to review plans and apply provisions of the ordinances
and codes to determine compliance with such regulations and to
apply regulations to field conditions.
- Group facilitation skills for use with community
- Ability to work on several projects or issues
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of staff experience working in municipal
planning and/or community development AND completion of Master's
degree (preferred) from an accredited college or university with a
major in urban planning or a closely related field; or
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years of staff experience working in municipal
planning and/or community development AND completion of Bachelor's
degree (required) from an accredited college or university with a
major in urban planning or a closely related field.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Oregon driver's
- $35 to $55 hourly; commensurate with experience and
- Benefits Package available including Health insurance, Vision
insurance, Dental insurance, 401(k) Retirement, Flexible spending
account, Paid time off.SCHEDULE
- Full-time, 40 hours a week.
- On-site, Monday to Friday.
- Medford, Oregon area: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred).Please send a resume, writing
sample, and cover letter of interest in the attachments or to
firstname.lastname@example.org. 4LEAF, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. For more firm information, please visit
Keywords: 4LEAF, Inc, Medford , Associate Planner, Other , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!