Company: Klamath Basin Behavioral Health
Location: Klamath Falls
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Title: Care Navigator Full timeIntro and job overview: Join
our KBBH team and find meaningful work, inspiring colleagues,
career growth, great compensation, and excellent benefits. Located
in beautiful Southern Oregon. Join an outstanding
multi-disciplinary team including an on-staff psychiatric team and
licensed clinical staff. Klamath Basin Behavioral Health is an
accredited NHSC facility. The NHSC Loan Repayment Program is open
to licensed primary care medical, dental, and mental and behavioral
health providers who are employed by accredited sites. Care
Navigator Benefits and Pay range:
- Hourly: $18.38 - $21.14 DOE
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403 (b) & Matching
- Paid Vacation & Wellness Days
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramCare Navigator Responsibilities
and Qualifications: This job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be
assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Works with clients to identify and address barriers to
attendance and treatment.
- Develops attendance plans with clients to promote
- Monitor client's services and offers support.
- Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrates strong communication, problem-solving and
- Conduct screenings and assist clients/potential clients with
OHP applications and renewal applications.
- Responsible for ensuring timely referrals to internal and
external resources. Receives and processes referrals within
established policies and procedures, guidelines, and turnaround
- Responsible for tracking and documenting referral disposition,
including following up with the client. Documentation includes data
collection, electronic health record (EHR) documentation, response
letters, and requests for records.
- Participate in team treatment and coordination, providing
critical information to the team as well as executing referral and
navigation recommendations from the team.
- Provide case management and skills-building services, in
accordance with the treatment plan.
- Provide group treatment and skills-building services in
accordance with the treatment plan.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal confidentiality
requirements, including HIPAA and Oregon Administrative Rules.
- Enhances personal growth and development through attendance and
participation in meetings and conferences. Care Navigator
Education: Must meet Oregon State (OARS) requirements and MHACBO
certification as a "Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA),"
meeting one of the following qualifications:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field
- A combination of at least three years relevant work, education,
training, or experience.Care Navigator Experience: Experience to
demonstrate the competencies to identify precipitating events:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- understand mental health assessment, treatment, and service
terminology and apply each of these concepts.
- Implement skills development strategies, and identify,
implement, and coordinate the services and supports identified in
- Preferred experience: Previous experience working with adults
diagnosed with mental illness or any disability group
preferred.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Oregon
driver's license, insurable driving record. Personal automobile
insurance is required if clients are transported, or any agency
business is conducted by the employee using his/her personal
vehicle. Employee must meet the requirements to become MHACBO QMHA
Certified. Certification must be maintained for the length of
employment. Driving is a requirement for this position. Proof of
insurance must be provided to the HR department. Coverage must
remain current.Other Considerations: Klamath Basin Behavioral
Health celebrates diversity and is committed to creating inclusive
and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information,
age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, and veteran's status, or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. Our employment decisions are based on
qualifications, merit, and agency need.
- COVID-19 Vaccination or medical or religious exemption
Keywords: Klamath Basin Behavioral Health, Medford , Care Navigator, Other , Klamath Falls, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...