Sr Network Engineer
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Summary and Opportunity
Axos is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join a lean team that supports our entire networking environment to manage both new capabilities and the day-to-day, 24x7 production support of the network (core, distribution, wired & wireless access layers, WAN, and network security). This individual must be a proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with very little supervision and support new project Implementations within project scope and schedule.This position will report on-site at one of our office locations (Las Vegas, San Diego, Omaha, Overland Park, or Centennial) or 100% remote, depending upon your location.
* Manage both new capabilities and the day-to-day, 24x7 production support of the network (core, distribution, wired & wireless access layers, WAN, and network security)
* Ensure the policies, standards, and standard operating procedures for how-to documents are developed and utilized
* Responsible for overall design, configuration, implementation and support of the local and wide area networks at Axos
* Assist in the design and development of network implementations
* Participate in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises and actual events
* Evaluate and test software changes and updates supplied by vendors, prior to installation
* Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to resolve any problems
* Conduct routine hardware and software audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements
* Document network deployment and maintain up-to-date network diagrams
* Troubleshoot and manage calls/tickets from the technical services group and assist with network administration
* Help provide technical direction to the company in the LAN/WAN environment and provide project management or assistance for network-related initiatives
* Provide analysis of network configuration and related documentation. Monitor systems for network alerts and events so quick response can be provided and issues can be pro-actively addressed
* Plan, install, and setup physical and virtual servers to meet application, security, and regulatory requirements
* Document production systems for security, capacity, and usage
* Maintain existing servers and clients using available administration tools
* Monitor servers and their usage and capacity to minimize problems and outages
* Maintain the process involved in administration, maintenance, security, backup, and recovery
* Work to expand security knowledge of banking and work-group software and to maintain current in network, mainframe, client server, and internet/intranet platforms
* Review Cloud technologies for Infrastructure solution alternatives
* Ensure that deliverables are produced within the planned budget and time-frame
* Analysis, testing, documentation, implementation and support of global data technologies
* Participate in office relocations, expansions, and other infrastructure changes
* 5+ years' of networking experience managing Cisco networking equipment
* 4+ years' with Palo Alto devices
* Strong technical engineering knowledge in routing/switching, wireless, and security
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
APPLY DIRECTLY FOR CONSIDERATION
Born digital, Axos Bank has reinvented the banking model and grown to over $18.4 billion in assets since our founding in 2000. With a broad and ever-growing range of financial products, Axos Bank is rated among the top 5 digital banks in the country! Axos Financial is our holding company and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "AX" (NYSE: AX).
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
Learn more about working here!
A targeted annual base salary range of USD $130,000/Yr. - USD $150,000/Yr., based on the experience, skills, and education/certification required for this position. Eligibility for a discretionary semi-annual incentive compensation plan, based upon performance, payable in cash and/or share grants (RSU's) that may vest over time. The annual discretionary target bonus percentage is 20%.
Axos benefits and perks include:
* 3 weeks' Vacation, Sick leave, and Holidays (about 11 a year); Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and more
* HSA or FSA account and other voluntary benefits
* 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with Employer Match Program and 529 Savings Plan
* Employee Mortgage Loan Program and free access to Self-Directed Trading
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
All offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a credit check, criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screening, which includes screening for marijuana. Axos Bank is a federally regulated banking institution. At the federal level, marijuana is an illegal schedule 1 drug; therefore, we will not employ any person who tests positive for marijuana, regardless of state legalization.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Axos Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Functions and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Summary and Opportunity
Keywords: axosbank.com, Medford , Sr Network Engineer, Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
here to apply!