Company: KLAMATH BASIN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Location: Klamath Falls
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Title: School Mental Health Skills BuilderFull time: Day
ShiftIntro and job overview: Join our KBBH team and find meaningful
work, inspiring colleagues, career growth, great compensation, and
excellent benefits. Located in beautiful Southern Oregon.Join an
outstanding multi-disciplinary team including an on-staff
psychiatric team and licensed clinical staff. Klamath Basin
Behavioral Health is an accredited NHSC facility. School Mental
Health Skills Builder Benefits and pay range:
- Hourly: $18.00 - $23.00 DOE
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403 (b) & up to 8%Matching
- Paid Vacation & Wellness Days
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness ProgramSchool Mental Health Skills Builder
Responsibilities and Qualifications: This job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones
may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Work closely as a member with other team members and community
- Work with individual clients and their families to address
barriers to child and family, as requested by child and
- Provide individualized skills building to client. This may
include self-regulation skills, anger management skills, social
skills, strategies to promote success in school, stress
- Provide adults involved in the child's life (i.e., parents,
guardians, teachers, childcare providers, etc.) with training and
education regarding the client's skill development and strategies
for supporting newly acquired skills.
- Assist family in implementing crisis plans as needed.
- Assist family in identifying respite options as needed.
- May assist clients and families in accessing local or regional
resources (i.e., housing, job opportunities, medications,
prescriptions, food, insurance, etc.).
- May assist with transportation of client or family members as
is indicated to support meeting goals identified in treatment plan
or service coordination plan.
- May attend meeting planned by community partners for care
- Must have a valid Oregon driver's license and meet agency
standards for vehicle safety and insurance coverage.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings, Child and
Family Team meetings, trainings and any other meetings assigned by
- Maintain professional relationships with clients, family
members, agency co-workers and community partners.
- Consistently demonstrates professional work habits.
- All paperwork is completed professionally and within given
- Is consistently attempting to enhance level of job knowledge
through outside readings, workshops, in-services, and course work
- Upholds all ethical polices to which the agency
- Carries out other tasks assigned by supervisor.School Mental
Health Skills Builder Education: Must meet Oregon State (OARS)
requirements and MHACBO certification as a "Qualified Mental Health
Associate (QMHA)," meeting one of the following qualifications:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field
- A combination of at least three years relevant work, education,
training, or experience.School Mental Health Skills Builder
Experience: Experience to demonstrate the competencies to identify
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- understand mental health assessment, treatment, and service
terminology and apply each of these concepts.
- Implement skills development strategies, and identify,
implement, and coordinate the services and supports identified in
- Preferred experience: Previous experience working with adults
diagnosed with mental illness or any disability group
preferred.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Oregon
driver's license, insurable driving record. Personal automobile
insurance is required if clients are transported, or any agency
business is conducted by the employee using his/her personal
vehicle. Must meet the requirements to become MHACBO QMHA
Certified. Certification must be maintained for the length of
employment.Other Considerations: Klamath Basin Behavioral Health
celebrates diversity and is committed to creating inclusive and
equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information,
age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, and veteran's status, or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. Our employment decisions are based on
qualifications, merit, and agency need.
- COVID-19 Vaccination or medical or religious exemption
Keywords: KLAMATH BASIN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, Medford , Skills Builder, Other , Klamath Falls, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...