Java Application Developer /Boston/Remote, 12 Months Contract
Company: Suncap Technology
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: March 16, 2023
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual with
excellent proficiency in Java, and other technologies, to join the
Investment Operations Systems team in Boston. The individual
filling this role will act as a senior technical resource
responsible for designing and helping to code complex systems,
resolving challenging problems, and advising other staff members in
technical design. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy
collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business
challenges. This position requires a skilled individual who can
contribute in a mature and pro-active way during all phases of the
project development lifecycle.
- A hands-on technical developer that will help to guide the
design and execute the development of business applications,
including collaborating with members of the divisions systems'
- Build/execute on new ideas, improve on existing concepts /
products, and contribute in improving the product suite.
- Understand and articulate overall application flow, while
integrating larger system perspective in the design, testing and
problem resolution of products.
- Write/review technical specification documentation (e.g.
Business Systems Design and Technical Design) which may include
architecture design, interfaces design, data modelling, dataflow
diagramming, screen design, workflow analysis, etc.
- Participate in walk-throughs which review program specs, source
code, all technical supporting documentation, including
screens/reports: provide feedback in accordance with department
standards and guidelines.
- Assist with creation of unit/system test plans that will
thoroughly exercise program logic to ensure program / application
performance with regard to business requirements and systems
- Execute unit/system test plans, document test results and
resolve discrepancies as deemed appropriate.
- Conduct research, as required.
- Communicate and promote technology and architecture standards
among development teams.
- Identify risks and opportunities proactively.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Manage existing suite of applications across a variety of Tech
- Support Production environment.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field and/or
equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of technical experience in application design and
development of various applications using a wide range of
- Experience in financial services sector preferred.
- Java must be proficient in the language, core libraries, and
design patterns (e.g. Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring
Security, Spring Data, Spring Integration, JPA/Hibernate, JMS,
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Experience with WebServices (SOAP, REST)
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database and SQL
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate,
- Experience with test frameworks (Junit, Mockito,
- Automated build platforms/continuous integration experience and
knowledge (Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with IBM Websphere products (WebSphere Application
Server, WebSphere Portal, WebSphere Liberty Profile)
- Experience with message queue brokers (WebSphere MQ, Oracle
- Experience with Tomcat
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communicator, keen to collaborate and share
- Ability to use standard desktop tools effectively, including
Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of Micro Services solutions is a plus
Keywords: Suncap Technology, Medford , Java Application Developer /Boston/Remote, 12 Months Contract, Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...