Company: Klamath Family Head Start
Location: Klamath Falls
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*COOK RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Provide a safe, secure work environment for volunteers.
* Develop weekly list of supplies, as needed and submit to Food
* Maintain appropriate records, including: file of recipes used in
meal preparation; daily meal count; inventory of food stock;
supplementary purchasing receipts; and year-end inventory of food
service equipment as directed by the Food Service Technician.
* Attend meetings/trainings as related to program position needs,
to include the site meeting.
* Purchase, receive and transport groceries.
* Store food supplies and equipment in an orderly manner.
* Prepare meals for children per the menu approved by the
* Maintain a clean, well-organized and sanitary kitchen to meet
Health Department requirements. Clean food preparation, service
areas, and dishwashing equipment. Clean and mop the floors in those
areas and assigned areas.
* Oversee maintenance and use of kitchen equipment at the
* Possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record or
have reliable transportation. Employee must sign statement of
confidentiality, pass criminal background check, DMV check, and any
other Head Start requirement.
* The ability to speak, read and write Spanish, preferred.
* Be a minimum of 18 years of age and have a high school diploma,
the equivalent or 3 years' experience.
* Demonstrate the ability to:
* accept and follow directions
* relate to a wide variety of people, including parents;
* communicate effectively with words and in writing; and
* organize and manage time effectively.
* Minimum of six (6) months experience in the cooking field,
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.65 - $21.92 per hour
* Disability insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Paid sick time
* Paid training
* Day shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Klamath Falls, OR: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Enrollment in the Oregon ELD Central Background Registry is a
prerequisite for this position and can take some time to process.
To avoid a the wait, apply online now at
https://secure.emp.state.or.us/ccd/ . Please indicate if you have
already submitted your application.
* High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Klamath Family Head Start, Medford , Part-Time Cook, Other , Klamath Falls, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!