Vice President Associate Counsel
Company: Protos Security, LLC
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company: Security Services Holdings LLCLocation: RemoteJob
Title: Vice President, Associate CounselReports to: Chief Executive
OfficerSecurity Services Holdings LLC and its subsidiaries (the
"Company") provide technology enabled end-to-end security guard
management services across the United States, Canada, and Puerto
Rico. The Company, headquartered in Norwalk, CT, has offices in New
York, NY, Daleville, VA, and Katy, TX, and is a leader in the
security service sector. Superior management processes combined
with the security guard industry's best technology ensures better
service and measurable cost savings. Security Services Holding's
subsidiary, Protos Security ("Protos"), is the largest
technology-enabled Security Officer Management company in the U.S.
Summary:Protos is seeking a Vice President - Regulatory &
Commercial Transactions Counsel to support the Company's various
lines of business within the organization and build a team of legal
professionals.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Core duties and
responsibilities include the following:
- Commercial Transactions
- Use of independent judgment and discretion in drafting,
reviewing, interpreting, and negotiating a variety of contracts and
other legal documents with a focus on customer and vendor contracts
for various lines of business.
- Participate in and/or lead negotiations related to contractual
terms and conditions and effectively advocate and communicate
positions/issues to various Executive Management and external
- Oversight of review, revision, and development of contract
templates in the Company's various lines of business and delivery
of training associated with the use of such templates.
- Institutionalize and manage integration processes with respect
to the Company's mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of policies,
procedures, and protocols to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency,
and consistency of executing commercial transactions.
- Ability to support business leaders on contracting and
manage/create efficient contract and compliance processes using
- Proactively identify potential areas of regulatory
vulnerability and risk; develop and implement action plans for
resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on
how to avoid or address similar situations in the future.
- Develop and deliver employee training on various compliance and
regulatory matters pertaining to commercial contracts and provide
regular updates on regulatory developments to relevant
- Develop strategic responses to various complex issues that
arise through a client relationship that might involve regulatory
requirements or contractual provisions.
- Assist in implementing areas of internal processes for
promoting and ensuring the Company's compliance with laws,
regulations, and company policies with the ability to calibrate
among various business units and industries serviced.
- Perform other transactional, legal, and regulatory duties as
needed, including supporting the organization's mergers and
acquisitions goals and objectives.Qualifications:To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university; MBA a plus.
- Must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school.
- Candidate should have at least 9 years of experience as a
transactional lawyer in a large law firm and/or in-house (prefer at
least 4-5 years of in-house experience and at least 4 years with a
large law firm) with proven record of independent oversight of
major large-scale corporate/cross-functional projects.Other Skills,
Abilities and Qualifications:Demonstrated ability to successfully
recruit, lead, and develop team members, as well as balance and
successfully execute and complete individual matters
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence which lends to the
candidate's ability to interface and communicate effectively with a
large number of diverse internal groups, including all levels of
employees, external legal counsel, customers, regulatory officials,
consultants, and vendors.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and drafting skills,
including attention to detail and a self-driven problem-solving
- Ability to work independently, as well as in team
- High integrity, strong work ethic, customer-centric, and able
to handle multiple, simultaneous projects with enthusiasm and
attention to detail.
- Ability to drive deliverables and influence both internal and
external customers in a team setting.
- Strong background in ability to manage regulatory matters
within transactional settings.
- Hands on performer with potential to build a team over
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple
priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related
stress is required.
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed or required.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.Position
includes base salary and a discretionary and performance based
year-end bonus. The Company offers a competitive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), disability, PTO, etc.
Relocation:No relocation packages or reimbursements are available
for this position.Physical Demands:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand;
walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Benefits:
- Health, Vision, Life, and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Paid Time Off Package PI187854161
Keywords: Protos Security, LLC, Medford , Vice President Associate Counsel, Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!