Sr Underwriting Specialist - Captives and Programs
Company: PMA Companies
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: May 16, 2022
In this position, you will underwrite new and renewal Captive
and Program business which includes solicitation, selection and
pricing of highly complex commercial risks while administering and
monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules,
insurance laws and regulations. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate advanced skills in marketing, analysis, decision
making/problem solving, planning and organizing; sales and
negotiation and mathematical proficiency. Strong desire to work
collaboratively and foster a team-oriented environment with Claims,
Risk Control and other departments.
- Utilize a consultative selling approach to generate new
business consistent with underwriting strategy and in coordination
with service team members.
- Analyze, select and profitably price coverage for commercial
risks and determine terms and conditions of coverage on new and
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Responsible for maintaining a timeline and process during new
business and renewal cycles inclusive of exposure analysis, quote
specifications, collateral analysis, and preparation and
presentation of coverage proposals.
- Determine, coordinate and direct account management activities
with various departments.
- Mentor and provide technical training and guidance to
- Develop client relationships and lead service team efforts.
Demonstrates an ability to bring others together, discuss
differences and resolve them.
- Identify opportunities for organizational improvement and
recommend solutions. Has the ability to anticipate problems and
creatively propose solutions to those issues.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct
and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and
procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities
in the performance of work. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 10 years of casualty underwriting with an insurance carrier
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in
Risk Management designation or other professional designations are
- Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of Captive
underwriting mechanics and fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge of casualty coverage. Additional knowledge
in financial analysis, account management and collateral management
- Advanced knowledge of market conditions as well as industry
- Advanced knowledge of underwriting territory and strong
relationships with the distribution network (local and regional
agents, national and regional brokers, and captive
- Demonstrated proficiency in the successful marketing and
prospecting of business opportunities, as well as, relationship
building and agency management skills.
- Ability to create a presence that conveys interest, conviction,
and energy in maintaining relationships with external business
- Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
writing to uncover business needs.
- Ability to foster creative solutions that resonate with
external business partners.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and
Keywords: PMA Companies, Medford , Sr Underwriting Specialist - Captives and Programs, Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!