ODX Admissions Associate (Remote)
Company: On Deck
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: January 13, 2022
ODX Admissions Associate / Remote / ODX / Full-Time
TL;DR: ODX invests in ambitious people at the earliest stages from
a $100m fund, as well as a community fund - aligning the entire On
Deck Ecosystem behind founders in a customized 1-year accelerator
with a 90 day build sprint. The ODX Admissions Team plays a
critical role in operationalizing the admissions process, building
automation and infrastructure in no-code, and creating processes
and playbooks to support internal stakeholders.
ODX is supporting founders at the earliest stages - investing
$125,000 for 7% - more details over at: https://beondeck.com/x If
you believe that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is
not, then being an ODX Associate for global ODX companies may be
right for you.
About On Deck
On Deck is a global community where ambitious, talented people
start and scale companies and invest in their careers, among a
cohort of their peers. Please see here for more information about
our supporters and investors as well as our wall of love.
You will be a part of the ODX Admissions Team that operationalizes,
automates, and creates internal resources related to the founder
application process. You will play a key role in working
cross-functionally with ODX Partners, the growth & expansion teams,
alumni, and community fund LPs to set up a world-class outbound
motion to back amazing founders. You will analyze large amounts of
application data to help our screeners and interviewers learn from
the feedback loops on investment decisions.
What you'll do:
* Own and improve our centralized admission processes to ensure our
team conducts diligence on thousands of inbound candidates with
care and maintains our 48 hour SLA from interview to offer.
* Work cross-functionally with ODX Partners, the growth & expansion
teams, alumni, community fund LPs, and more to set up a world-class
outbound motion to find and back amazing talent before anyone else
* Build automation, infrastructure, and processes within our
no-code stack -- we'll help you learn if you aren't familiar.
* Create documentation and playbooks to onboard and support
internal stakeholders (associates, investors, partners) and
external stakeholders (Flexport, visiting partners, etc.).
* Analyze large amounts of application data to help our screeners
and interviewers learn from the feedback loops on investment
* Screen applications and interview candidates as needed. To build
an amazing system, you need to operate within it.
Who you are:
* Strong problem-solving skills and comfortable with ambiguity.
You'll often need to write the playbook, rather than follow an
existing one. Helpful if you have experience taking projects from 0
to 1 with little to no guidance.
* Meticulously detail-oriented and organized. You are able to
juggle many priorities without dropping any balls.
* Strong communication skills -- verbal, written, and presentation.
You need to be able to get buy-in from internal and external
stakeholders to move quickly.
* High output, execution, and hustle.
* Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic
What might excite you about us:
* We're tackling a big problem with even bigger potential.
Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about
* You'll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own
schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we
know what makes for a great remote environment.
* You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able
to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going
* We're backed by a who's who of the biggest names in the venture
investing world, including Village Global, Founders Fund, and the
CEOs of companies like Zoom, Carta, Flexport, and Opendoor. (Read
more about our Series A in this memo)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
* We are still a fairly young company with about 200 people, so if
you like more established companies, this role isn't for you.
You'll help create our company's culture.
* We're an early-stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely
* Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works
incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people
won't be cut out for it.
* You should be comfortable with ambiguity just a dash of chaos.
This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you
exactly what to do every day.
* On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If
that's not your thing, this isn't the place for you.
Additional details are below:
Please note this role is only open to candidates that are legally
authorized to work where they reside. Due to the remote nature of
the role, On Deck does not currently sponsor candidates for visas
or work authorizations/permits and does not currently support the
transfer of visas or work authorizations/permits from prior
employers to On Deck.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can
take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits
including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, but you will have to be available to work
on U.S-friendly hours, which may be difficult from Europe or
You would start as soon as possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
On Deck is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an
inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the
basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We strongly
encourage applications who are members of underrepresented
communities to apply.
If you were to join On Deck, we'd want you to love it. We also know
that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether
that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to
develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn't want to join our
company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about
whether On Deck is a place you'd love to work. In summary, On Deck
may not be the place for you if:
* Another company's mission gets you way more fired up.
* You want a 9-5 job.
* You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and
* You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling
* You see differences as divisions
* You believe that something has to be exclusive for it to be
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for
you on our Non-Values page.
Keywords: On Deck, Medford , ODX Admissions Associate (Remote), Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!