Sales & Service Tech II
Company: Frontier Communication
Location: Crescent City
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Title: Sales & Service Tech IIInternal Posting: 11/3/21 to
11/10/21Location: Crescent City, CAHeadcount: 1Union: IBEW 89/CBA
49Position Summary:The primary job responsibilities of the Sales &
Services Technician II are to engage and develop customer
relationships, and provide solutions to our customers through our
products and services. All of our employees are ambassadors of
Frontier Communications within our communities. Essential
Functions:The Sales & Services Technician II may be assigned one or
more duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the
following:Install and maintain inside wire for residential/business
broadband (HSI/Video) service.
- Install Central Office and B-box junctions as required for
broadband continuity, digital subscriber carriers and associated
broadband equipment, such as DSLAMS (Digital subscriber line access
multiplexer), Residential Gateways and HSI (High-Speed Interface)
business class routers.
- Install an array of wireless home networking equipment. Other
equipment will include FTTH (Fiber to the House).
- Requires the ability to use and understand automated Dispatch
equipment (i.e. hand held terminals), read and understand broadband
service orders and trouble tickets, and the use of appropriate
broadband test equipment.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the business to include;
advances in technology, new skills and procedures, as well as
participation in the company lead generation program through the
promotion and sale of additional Frontier products and services
during each customer contact.
- Communicate effectively and accurately on customer issues to
eliminate repeat trouble calls.
- Mentor co-workers to expand knowledge, be self-motivated and
display the ability to follow through on assignments in a timely
- Effectively use preventive maintenance program by rebuilding
- Read and interpret Outside Plant drawings.
- Navigate web, set up Business/Residential computer(s) and
demonstrate applications to customer.
- Effectively use Frontier s internal programs and dispatch
program to complete assignments.
- Support, install and repair company products and services.
- Fully understand and adhere to the 5-Step Peace of Mind Service
- Responsible for promoting and selling the company s products
and services and participate in the company s sales referral
programs during their working hours.
- Understand and demonstrate basic telephone/broadband
technology. Utilize test equipment to install products and isolate
trouble effectively.Qualifications:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.The individual in this position
must possess the following qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in telecommunications installation
- Must complete Pole Climbing Certification (Individual cannot
exceed 275 lbs).
- Must complete company provided training and provide ability to
complete full installs for HSI and/or video
- Additional equipment certification/licensing/experience is a
plus (i.e., Nortel, DMS10, Adtran, AFC/Tellabs, Calix, Go Digital,
Acetelis, Pair Gain, Multiplexers, Seiscor/Pulsecom S24DU/COT,
Fiber, Optics, etc.)
- Understand telephony knowledge.
- Understand different PC operating support systems.
- Able to work nights and weekends if applicable.
- Must have knowledge of the following Internet Protocol
- Current technologies
- Network troubleshooting diagnosis
- Telecommunications wiring color-code competency.
- Basic keyboard and software skills.
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their
start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or
medical exemption accommodation). Education/ License
Requirements:The individual in this position must possess the
following education requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- State approved driver license for required vehicle(s).
Associated topics: architect, building, engineer, laboratory,
medical, microsurgery, sales engineer, spinal, technical, web
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Medford , Sales & Service Tech II, Other , Crescent City, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!