Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer
Company: Department Of The Interior
Location: Crater Lake
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Career-Seasonal appointments are permanent positions and include
the same benefits as Career appointments, but do not provide work
on a year-round basis. You will work approximately 10 months, and
you will be in a non-pay status for the remainder of the year.
Learn more about this agency
- Accomplishes preventative maintenance on all equipment and
- Accomplishes metal fabrication work as required.
- Accomplishes all required repairs and replacement of major
equipment components including engine and transmission replacement,
gearbox repair and replacement, repair of all related pneumatic,
hydraulic, electrical, and structural systems.
- Utilizes all related tooling and equipment to perform above
listed duties including shop crane, metal fabrication equipment,
torque multiplier, jacking and lifting equipment, rigging
equipment, forklift operation, engine diagnosis equipment, all hand
tooling, etc. safely.
- Operates heavy equipment as necessary to assist the department
with snow removal from roadways and during Spring road opening
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
5803 Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit
Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to submit to a drug test and receive a
negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this
position is subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- You must possess (by close of announcement) and maintain a
current Class B CDL, (or higher) Commercial Driver's License with
an Air Brake Endorsement.
- You may be required to complete training and operate a
four-wheel drive vehicle.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the
National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends,
holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee in the Federal government, you will
be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up to 1
nights per month. You must obtain a government charge card for
- Government Charge Card: You may be required to complete
training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel
and/or purchase authority.
- Applicants must be at least (1)18 years old or (2) at least 16
years old and: (a) Have graduated from high school or been awarded
a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school; or (b)
Have completed a formal vocational training program; or (c) Have
received a statement from school authorities agreeing with their
preference for employment rather than continuing their education;
or (d) Be currently enrolled in a secondary school and either work
only during school vacation periods or work part-time during the
school year under a formal student employment program.
- No government housing is available for this position.
To qualify for this position, you must have sufficient knowledge
and ability in the following job-related factors:
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal
supervision. (SCREEN OUT)
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly. Installation, Repair etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Use of measuring instruments
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications et. (includes
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment
- Trouble shooting
If your knowledge and ability in the SCREEN OUT factor above is
not sufficient, you will receive no further consideration. In
preparing your application, describe in detail the experience and
training which you have had that specifically prepared you for this
job and to perform the duties described for this job. Experience
should be clearly described and documented in your resume. The
qualifications reviewer will not assume performance of such duties
by Job Titles alone. Address your knowledge, skills and/or
abilities in the areas shown in the job-related factors.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual;
community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical
competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable
training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage
Grade (WG) positions.
Keywords: Department Of The Interior, Medford , Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer, Other , Crater Lake, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!