Principal Data Scientist, Pricing R&D
Company: Root Insurance
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We believe a large part of building an effective insurance
company can be solved with a systematic, quantitative framework. We
are committed to the rigorous development and effective deployment
of modern statistical machine learning methods to problems in the
The Pricing R&D team is looking for a Principal Data
Scientist to help improve and maintain our pricing models. In this
role, you'll be working alongside our Pricing R&D and Actuarial
teams from ideation to deployment, rapidly researching and testing
new, innovative approaches to loss cost modeling. The ideal
candidate will have experience in Private Passenger Auto, with
expertise in the research process, evaluation protocols, and
- Technical and thought leadership on the Pricing R&D
- Continuous improvement of the predictive power of our loss cost
- Development of a rigorous pre- and post-deployment
- Constantly search for new predictive rating elements
- Maintain and enhance the quantitative pipeline required for
quickly moving proof-of-concepts into production
- 5+ years of applying advanced quantitative methods to pricing
P&C insurance products, with a preference towards private
- Strong, demonstrated experience building, validating, and
applying statistical machine learning methods.
- Strong programming skills with experience using SQL and modern
packages in R.
- Experience with large-scale analytics on AWS platforms
- Exceptional communicator and storyteller.
- Data science maturity
Keywords: Root Insurance, Medford , Principal Data Scientist, Pricing R&D, Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!