Senior Information Security Engineer
Company: Equinix, Inc.
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Senior Information Security Engineer
Equinix is the world's digital infrastructure company, operating
210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to
all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to
simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that
spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform
allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and
connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world's digital leaders scale with
agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class
experiences, and transform people's lives. Our culture is based on
collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging
problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try
new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software
and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought
and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work
environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company
and is vital to our success.
You will support our work automating cybersecurity operations,
emulating adversary behavior, and improving the defensive postures
of our Data Centers. You will evaluate tools and methodologies,
assess adversary intent, develop cybersecurity analytics and other
techniques to thwart or detect attacks, develop approaches to
automate cybersecurity operations, and engage in research to
improve the state of the practice. You will plan and implement
security measures to protect our information systems; review and
respond to security alerts, scans, and audits; investigate
suspicious alerts and logs, tune security log analysis and alert
systems; coordinate security incident response; test and maintain
the integrity of our security monitoring systems; responsible for
developing cyber-driven technologies to support vulnerability
penetration and assessment; and report on information systems
security status, standards compliance, and deficiencies.
- Security engineering, assessment, penetration testing, and
information system security oversight activities that support
complex systems from the perspective of sophisticated threat
- You will provide technical advice on advanced cyber security
and computer processing related technologies and programs,
including advanced countermeasure design, development,
implementation and assessment vulnerability and penetration
- You will provide development support for Red Team software
tools and take the lead in engineering, architecting and deploying
security operations tools and processes.
- Lead and participate in incident response, threat modeling,
threat intelligence gathering and analysis, and threat
- Researches and analyzes known hacker methodology, system
exploits and vulnerabilities to support Red Team Assessment
activities. Provides oral and written briefings to leadership.
- Work with multi-functional teams in performing reviews and
tests of IT internal controls to ensure teams are operating
- Creates written reports detailing assessment findings and
recommendations and produce run-book documentation.
- Approximately 7+ years of relevant security experience and
bachelor's degree in a related field (or equivalent experience in
lieu of degree.)
- Technical knowledge of security technologies and architecture
in multiple security domains - such as infrastructure hardening,
access/identity, DLP, endpoint security, vulnerability management,
network security, application security and others.
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present
in the Information Security and Technology field and deep
understanding of technical concepts including networking and
- Ability to orchestrate data-driven processes via SOAR
technologies and automations to support incident response.
- Solid understanding of security concepts, threats, principles
and practices and experience using data analysis tools such as log
analyzers, SIEM, analytics platforms.
- Experience with wide range of COTS software, such as
Metasploit, Appspider, Nessus and open source software packages
including Kali Linux, Open VAS etc.
- Experience performing network packet inspection, traffic
analysis, performance characterization (e.g. Wireshark, TCPdump,
- Ability to create scripts and programs to assist in analysis or
testing in various languages including PowerShell, Bash, Python,
Ruby, C#, Perl, etc.
- Broad security knowledge across common industry security
standards (e.g., ISO, NIST, COSO, COBIT, PCI, FFIEC, SOX, SSAE16,
- Professional information security certification (e.g. CISSP,
CISA or CISM).
- Creative, adaptive and innovative analytical problem-solving
skills and applying them to transform data into decisions.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to
influence and communicate effectively.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability
Keywords: Equinix, Inc., Medford , Senior Information Security Engineer, Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!