Location: Klamath Falls
Posted on: June 8, 2021
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 21,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminum windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodeling of residential homes
and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the preparation and
review of monthly financial statements, supporting audit
reconciliation work papers and internal business control
documentation. This role coordinates day to day accounting with
operations management and staff, assists with accounting decisions
and supports efforts to improve accounting operations. This
position reports to the Sr. Controller - Windows.
- Execute daily, weekly and monthly accounting activities to
ensure timely workflow and recording of all financial
- Perform activities related to the monthly closing process for
several Window operations. Responsibilities include running
reports, preparing journal entries, preparing accruals, preparing
and reviewing monthly financial statements, account
reconciliations, creating standard work and improving the accuracy
and timeliness of the close process.
- Day to day accounting involvement with operational management
- Support actions to achieve plant profitability and business
- Extract, review, analyze information from a variety of
financial and non-financial systems.
- Monthly audit reconciliation work papers.
- CIP and Fixed Asset accounting, entry and reconciliation on a
- Ensure accounting and business practices are in compliance with
internal policies and business controls including: data integrity,
segregation of duties, financial reporting and adherence to GAAP
and SOX as required.
- Maintain strong communication between the plants, finance and
- Identify and execute on opportunities for process improvement
and information sharing to improve financial decision-making.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and other tasks in support of the
accounting department as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting required.
- 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Understands interrelation of the P&L, balance sheet and
cash flow. Knowledge of theoretical accounting is critical to
- Strong knowledge of general and manufacturing accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills required - particularly in Microsoft
Excel and Word, and accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills including the ability to
interact effectively with all levels throughout the company.
- Experience with SAP, HFM/Hyperion/OneStream consolidation tools
and data analytics tools (Power BI) preferred.
- Team player who is organized, a self-starter, and pays
attention to detail.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does
not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee
on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the
company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
Keywords: Jeld-Wen, Medford , Financial Accountant, Other , Klamath Falls, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!