Commercial Relationship Manager
Company: Umpqua Bank
Posted on: June 7, 2021
In this role, you will initiate, develop and expand new and
existing business banking clients with revenues greater than $5
Million. You will develop and grow new business and build/maintain
strong relationships with prospects and clients. You'll drive
high-volume opportunities and engagement within your defined market
and leverage automated systems and processes to enhance customer
experience. You may provide work leadership by directing or
assigning work and resolving problems
- Conduct new business development activities including utilizing
targeted lists. Ensure ongoing contact with new clients to enhance
client's initial experience. Achieve individual annual production
and growth goals for business banking, deposits, fees, and
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client's needs, based
on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data
gathered through relationship reviews and personal meetings.
- Identify prospects, suitable methods of contact, and determine
their needs and appropriate products or services, including cross
market solutions (i.e. lending, deposits, treasury management,
wealth management, etc.). Leverage the Bank's turnkey solutions,
including automated scoring.
- Build client referral pipeline via identification and
development of internal and external center of influence.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of products and
services, as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive
products. Study industrial, commercial, economic, and financial
situations relating to new or existing business.
- Proactively promote and cross-market bank products and
services, and keep client informed of special promotions. Partner
consistently with other internal business partners to uncover
opportunities to deepen the client relationship.
- Be prepared to become a "team lead", responsible for directing
the work of others.
- Actively participate in community organizations to source
business opportunities and maximize networking. While demonstrating
Umpqua's commitment to the local community.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- More than 10 years of relevant business/commercial banking
experience or equivalent required
- Extremely strong relationship management skills, including but
not limited to: new business development, analytical thinking,
problem solving, strong sales skills, and advanced credit and
credit quality skills.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial C&I bank products and
services that result in successfully capitalizing on all
opportunities to cross-sell the bank's products.
- Proven track record of success and skills in developing new
clients and business, including prospecting, sourcing and
- Very strong credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills,
including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis
- Advanced knowledge of business banking, business deposits and
cash management policies, procedures, practices, banking
regulations and documentation, and business operations.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of bank's credit products and
- Strong knowledge of structuring credit products for small
businesses in diverse industries.
- Experience with working capital, equipment and real estate
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent Travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail
stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40
hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with
the status quo. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue
every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We
focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs
and connecting to people in new and innovative ways - always
staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for
all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability.
Keywords: Umpqua Bank, Medford , Commercial Relationship Manager, Other , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!