CNS Proposal Specialist
Company: Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Proposal Specialist is responsible for governing proposal
development on connected services opportunities. This
internal-facing role includes identifying the proper teams and
soliciting input to develop a technical/commercial proposal to meet
the needs of the customer. The Proposal Specialist resource will
develop commercial offers within the framework of the company's
business and financial goals and be compliant with our internal
policies. The resource typically has a specialized understanding of
related products and comprehensive delivery offerings from RA,
partners, and competitors in designated focus areas. For connected
services these offerings are focused in RA Portfolio offerings
aligned to the below technologies:
- OT Cybersecurity Assessments and solutions - ISA/IEC 62443-2-4,
- OT MSP (Managed Service Provider) - ISO 27000 Series
- Virtualization & Hyper-Converged Design / Implement -
Industrial Data Center
- Industrial Network Assessment / Design / Deploy - CPwE
(Converged Plantwide Ethernet)
- Partner offerings, including Cisco, VMware, Claroty, Panduit,
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) Estimation
- OT SOC/NOC
- Cloud Infrastructure Models
- Machine Safety Services
The Proposal Specialist is a technical resource for Rockwell
Automation technology, products, services, and solutions within
their area(s) of expertise, capable of articulating value,
estimations, and positioning of benefits of portfolio to customers.
They deliver and manage commercial offer, presales support, and is
a trusted advisor to the sales organization and channel. They are
responsible for all bid offer activities for a specific range of
products, services & solutions within a defined geography.
- Lead standardization efforts of proposals, tools and processes
for designated product, service or solution
- Work with Sales, Consultants and Specialists to assess and
respond to IT/OT, engineering, consulting, project and support
- Understand the customers need and be able to position and quote
a desired outcome for a solution
- Management of the process from Bid Request, Information
gathering, Scope definition, Solution design and costing, and
Approvals - Collaborate with Sales, Solution Consultants, Sales
Specialists, Engineering, Services, and your peer proposal teams
- Demonstrate the ability to expand the scope of solutions
requested by incorporating the full portfolio of Rockwell
Automation offerings, including but not limited to: Connected
Services, Process/Power & Control/Information Solutions, Packaged
Power, and local Field Labor.
- Makes full use of Global estimating tools and Global
Engineering Center Proposal resources
- Advise Consultants and/or Sales on proposal generation and
- Share insights with regional and global peers.
- Understand business models, organization, and go to market
strategy, leverage where appropriate
- Knowledge of industry strategies, familiarity with
- Managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and
- Requires above average attention to details, concern for the
exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed
- Take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is
- Somewhat faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this
- Detailed, specialized work is the major focus
- Job entails clearly defined work, responsibilities, and
reporting relationships, ongoing and thorough training
opportunities to develop expertise and increase confidence, and
frequently expressed appreciation of the person's competence,
conscientiousness, and loyalty.
- Provides security in a stable work environment, allowing
individual to plan for, focus on and complete tasks on hand
- When changes in the nature of the work occur, the individual
will receive direction, training and support
- The position will generally be task oriented, requiring someone
with a conservative, careful, and cautious approach to work
- Unambiguous work direction
- Completing tasks from start to finish
- Concern for getting work done on time and correctly
- Extremely task-oriented
- High standards of quality and accuracy
- Adhering to established guidelines and procedures
- Requires high degree of information gathering before making
- Must be comfortable in making decisions in area of specialty or
- Reserved, factual, formal and sincere communication
- Look to management for direction in areas outside of
- Strong follow-through on delegated tasks and assignments
- Following established policies and procedures and expects other
to do the same
- Leads by example is the technical expert in the area and does
work required of subordinates
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field or
- 5+ years' experience as an estimator, proposal engineer or
other contract, project or application engineering focused
- Demonstrated understanding of larger Rockwell Automation
application value including knowledge in Automation products
including PLC, Standard Drives, Software, Networks and ideally good
knowledge of third party products
- Good application and industry knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging environment with
both internal and external customers
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related
demonstrated sales experience.
- Fluency with native language and strong command of English
(written & spoken).
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level
personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative,
matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong supporter of our customer centricity. Understands the
importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers.
- Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer
- Ability to set, being accountable for and achieve challenging
- Ability to influence, empower, coach, and motivate others.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different
- Show confidence and composure when presenting to audiences of
differing levels of an organization, including executives
- Exhibits strong teamwork, customer service and organizational
- Acts courageously by sharing viewpoints openly and directly
with others, providing relevant and timely information and
feedback, as required.
- Retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty,
conflict, and stress.
- Remain open to ideas; integrates multiple perspectives in
Information Processing Capability (Factors of Complexity)
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to
determine appropriate action.
- Leverage business insights in proposing solutions and
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously,
ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and
constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and
- Seek out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a
situation or deciding; demonstrate clear understanding of multiple
- Distill information from disparate data sources and the
capability to tell the 'story' behind it, as well as
recommendations for next steps.
Accepts Role Requirements
- Participation in global affinity teams to share application and
pursuit experience with Global Domain Experts
- Influence and operate across a highly matrixed
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for relationship building and
partnership across the organization at all levels.
- Values working in a team-oriented culture and building
consensus with stakeholders before making key decisions.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of
skills and knowledge in job-related technical and professional
- Actively participates in calls and meetings via phone or
in-person, as needed.
- Travel to customers within assigned geography may be
Key Performance Metrics
- Support key business growth objectives (Achieve AOP order &
sales targets for specific products)
- Ensure all proposals are compliant with PARB / Internal RA
- Provide accurate and professional proposals (On time / Win Rate
/ Hit Rate)
- Pro-actively close identified skill gaps
- Continually develop technical capability, while staying abreast
- Maintain Frontlog X times to AOP
- On time proposal / Win Rate / Hit Rate
- Bachelors Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and
If you are an individual with a disability and you need
assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application
process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Keywords: Rockwell Automation, Inc., Medford , CNS Proposal Specialist, Other , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!