Chief Executive, Southern Oregon Service Area
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The chief executive (CE) provides operational leadership,
management, and direction to the Southern Oregon Service Area and
Providence Medford Medical Center in a Catholic Sponsored Health
System. This leader ensures the delivery of high quality, cost
effective health care consistent with Quadruple Aim and the mission
of the Providence Health & Services. The CE will function as a
member of multiple advisory boards and leadership councils which
have the responsibility for development, and implementation of an
integrated delivery system across the Region.
- Serve as a member of the Oregon leadership council working
cooperatively with team members on the development, implementation
and evaluation of the integrated delivery system in the Oregon
- Provide leadership to the organization to maximize quality,
cost effectiveness, and responsiveness.
- Selects and develops executive managers and department leaders
who will meet the organization's goals and objectives.
- Maintain high employee morale and positive relationships with
employees in a manner that results in high employee satisfaction.
Support and develop management team to build a high performing and
- Provide leadership to the patient experience across the
continuum of care. Motivate the management team and workforce to
deliver a high level of care achieving quality outcomes and
excellence in patient care.
- Build and maintain strong and positive relationships with
Medical Staff, for both the Medical Center and Clinical programs,
to integrate physicians into decision-making processes and to
ensure that physician needs are heard and addressed.
- Operate the organization to ensure its financial strength,
reviewing results on an on-going basis and taking corrective action
to achieve the annual budget.
- Participate in the Oregon Region strategic planning and
budgeting processes and develop and implement action plans to
ensure the Southern Oregon Region achieves its annual objectives.
This leader is accountable for achieving organizational success
indicators and objectives, consistent with the strategies of the
System and Region.
- Provide leadership and work collaboratively with managers and
staff to evaluate new opportunities. Develop programs and services
that improve the organization's market position and address
- Lead quality improvement initiatives, utilizing appropriate
tools and resources such as Lean and change management techniques
to insure the organization is in continuous improvement model to
achieve better delivery of services.
- Implement high standards of service for care, oversee system
for monitoring quality, intervening as appropriate to take
corrective action and ensure accreditation and regulatory
guidelines are met.
- Serve as a member of the Oregon Region Leadership Council,
Oregon Growth Council and Oregon Operations, and collaborates with
colleagues and team members in providing strategic recommendations
and advice to the Oregon Region Chief Operating Officer. Works
collaboratively with others to eliminate unnecessary organizational
redundancy and duplication and to better meet the needs of the
community for quality, affordable health care.
- Represent the Oregon Southern Region including Providence
Medford Medical Center and the communities served in an appropriate
manner. Demonstrates positive interactions with the public, and
positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all employees,
supervisors, and other department employees to maximize
productivity, quality of work life and commitment to
- Provide leadership in integration interests of physicians,
physician organizations, other health systems, health plans,
Hospital and shared services employees that provides an effective
and efficient continuum of services to members and patients.
- Provide leadership and/or directs affiliations with other
health systems in Providence Health & Services
- A Master's Degree in Health or Hospital Administration,
Business Administration or a related field is preferred.
- MD or DO and physician leadership experience preferred.
- At least six years of senior level leadership experience in a
health care delivery organization. The Chief Executive should have
personal values compatible with those of Providence Health &
Services and be comfortable leading and administering a Catholic
sponsored organization as a healing ministry. In addition to the
- Working knowledge and understanding of the current trends and
change taking and implications to Providence Health & Services
- Evident success in repositioning large organizations in a
- Knowledge of the principles of change management and process
improvement tools and techniques.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Medford , Chief Executive, Southern Oregon Service Area, Other , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!