Digital Graphic Design Intern
Company: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Harry & David is looking for a student interested in Graphic
Design for a paid Summer 2021 internship at our Medford, OR
location. Our internship offers the chance to join one of Jackson
County's premier employers and apply their education and experience
in a practical setting. This intern will be responsible for working
on and coordinating projects within Creative Services
Major responsibilities of the internship position are listed
below. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be
assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Partner with the Senior Graphic Designers, and team members to
understand business needs and marketing requirements and devise
compelling design solutions.
- Translate internal customer objectives into effective designs
that build the equity of the H&D family of brands.
- Produce fresh, high quality print collateral that ensures the
department's creative direction is consistent and brand based.
- Utilize up-to-date computer techniques and graphic software to
create, prepare and coordinate a variety of illustrations, artwork
and print collateral.
- Design layouts with photographic images and written copy to
make clean presentations of three-dimensional products within the
limited confines of a printed page.
- Design materials for various campaigns and/or brand subjects
(divisions) which include: catalogs, print advertising, Web
banners, package design, collateral materials, etc.
- Manage and maintain goal driven project schedules to meet all
- Prepares job folders for assigned projects which include all
needed digital elements to begin a project (graphics, page
templates, catalog tracking file, etc.)
- Tracks all revisions of print documents and maintains status
reports on assigned projects.
- Prepares Adobe PDF print submission files of assigned catalog
pages and inserts. Visually proofs and verifies content of assigned
pages released for catalog submission.
- Prepares Adobe PDF files to be utilized by Web team to promote
consistent branding across all channels.
- Post-production procedures, which include job folder clean-up,
package and back up digital files, prepare printed and PDF version
of catalog cover files to be used by Web team.
- Proactively seek out ways to improve consistency and
effectiveness of visual communications for the company. Identify
relevant media, technologies, and production processes that offer
significant improvements in cost-effectiveness, production time, or
- Stay informed about company products, current graphic design
trends and tools, and industry developments that may lead to future
visual communications opportunities.
- Proactively seek opportunities to design content that can be
leveraged across multiple campaigns and channels.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Working towards a degree in Graphic Design; Preferably BFA or
BA in Graphic Design or related field.
- Junior level student (or above) currently enrolled in an
accredited college or university
- 0-1 year of print related experience desired.
- Well-versed in Adobe Print Graphics Suite (InDesign, Photoshop,
- Strong working knowledge of multi-page documents in page layout
software. Preferably Adobe InDesign.
- Mac OS platform experience a must.
- Experience with prioritizing and maintaining a multi project
- Ability to identify and interpret graphics design needs and
develop creative and responsive design concepts.
- Working knowledge of Graphic Design fundamentals/principles
which includes: typography, layout to direct eye flow, color
Keywords: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., Medford , Digital Graphic Design Intern, Other , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!