Sr. Vehicle Mechanic
Company: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Senior Mechanic is responsible for performing standard
mechanical work on vehicles, farm equipment, wind machines, &
irrigation systems in the shop and in the field. This position will
complete minor and major overhauls and rebuilding of gasoline,
diesel, and propane engines on cars, trucks, tractors and wind
machines. Diagnosing and repairing hydraulic problems and complex
electrical problems will be required. *Must be flexible with
regards to job days and hours; these will vary depending upon
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in vehicle or orchard
equipment preventative maintenance, diagnosis, repair and overhaul
- Must be able to perform standard and advanced mechanical
maintenance functions on all farm equipment, vehicles, wind
machines and irrigation systems.
- Advanced welding skills (overhead, vertical, bracing, silver
solder, stick and wire feed) are essential.
- Good basic math skills (including percentages, fractions, and
decimals) are required.
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to overlapping demands and
interruptions are essential.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of walking and
standing for up to 80% of the day and be able to lift 50-100 lbs.
occasionally and up to 25 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions
including extreme heat and cold, as well as noisy environment.
- Must have a valid Oregon Drivers License. (3 year clean driving
- This is a safety sensitive position, subject to initial and
follow-up drug testing.
- Forklift certification is required. Harry and David will
provide as needed.
Keywords: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., Medford , Sr. Vehicle Mechanic, Other , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!