A bit about us:
We're on a mission to change healthcare how it's paid for,
delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not
process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person
on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our
own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their
health and well-being.
That's why we're gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted
people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines
compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause
we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
Works under the direction of the Associate General Counsel and
Privacy Officer to assist legal team members and relevant internal
stakeholders to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local
compliance regulations with respect to our regulated entities.
Leads efforts on obtaining and maintaining licenses
(HMO/PPO/TPA/URA) in multiple states, filing of required state
reports (e.g., Form B, Form D, etc.), maintains excellent working
relationships with regulators. Also provides a broad range of
advice to our medical practice. Will assist in providing advice,
conducting regulatory analysis, and developing policies in respect
to health care laws, including Stark Law, AKS, FCA, CPOM, and any
other federal and/or state rules applicable to the Company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, oversee and ensure de novo licensing and continued
compliance of regulated entities with relevant law.
- Liaise with legal team on regulatory issues and relevant
- Liaise with the state regulators (DOI, DOH, Boards of medicine,
nursing, and pharmacy, etc.).
- Support drafting, reviewing, analyzing, and negotiating of
- Provide advisory opinions in a timely and professional manner
to inquiries from operational, business and clinical units on
issues surrounding legal compliance and related topics.
- Consult with business units relative to potential initiatives
in order to consider legal risks and implement appropriate controls
- Investigate and respond to regulatory agency matters.
- Evaluating and weighing multiple inputs and impacts of any
decision or course of action.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically and offer
proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Create associations of trust and respect with key
- Keep abreast of legislative changes affecting the Company.
- Licensed to practice in at least one state with at least five
(5) years of experience.
- Prior in-house experience for Medicare Advantage plan and
experience with CPOM will be considered an invaluable asset.
- In-depth knowledge of HMO, PPO, and related licensing
requirements, as well as overall broad legal knowledge (regulatory,
corporate law, privacy, litigations, labor, etc.).
- Ability to follow-through, meet regulatory deadlines,
anticipate requirements, and build relationships.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communication
(effective speaking and presentation) skills to drive complex
processes to conclusion by working across departmental lines.
- Ability to set priorities, respond to changing demands from
multiple sources, time management and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, orientation to
deadlines, and attention to detail.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age,
gender, veteran status, and other protected status as required by
applicable law. But beyond that, we believe every member on our
team enriches our diversity by showing us ways to understand and
engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design
and deliver solutions to our company and community.
At Devoted Health, we strive to be a place where talented people
come together and do the best work of their lives. If you love
running towards complex challenges and transforming them into
solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many
lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an
inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming
them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact
on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with
an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a
safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have
the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the
business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are
respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.
This commitment is embodied in Devoted's Code of Conduct, our
company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy
status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual
orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity,
gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our
management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to
recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training,
compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment