Senior UX Engineer, Events
Location: myrtle point
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their
data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss.
Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend
too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are
stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes
and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that
collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools
with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on
building amazing products and personalized messages for their
customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing
their customer data reliably at scale. We're in the running to
power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best
people to take the market.
Who we are:
The Events team is responsible for the features and
infrastructure that collect, process, and observe data flowing
through Segment. We provide the core of the Segment product
experience. We're currently designing new methods for our customers
to connect data to Segment, and new tools to analyze and debug
The design team is looking for an experienced UX engineer to
collaborate closely with our Events Pillar Design Lead and help
bring high-fidelity mockups to life. This role is unique in that
you will be an integral partner to the design team - helping
validate, ship, and iterate on business-critical product ideas that
bring delight to our customers
If you're passionate about great user experience, rapid
prototyping, technical products, design tooling, and being a part
of the end-to-end product development lifecycle, we'd love to hear
A little about us:
- We enjoy building UIs in React so much that we created and open
sourced our own component library: Evergreen
- We believe in using the best tool for the job and incorporating
an amazing developer experience.
- We deploy our code multiple times per day.
- We love conferences (one of our engineers spoke in 4 different
countries last year!)
- We love open source: https://open.segment.com
- We're proud of the code we write, but we're not dogmatic about
methodologies or techniques. We believe building the "right thing"
is more important than building things "right". However, we take
our customers' dependence on our systems very seriously and strive
to build highly performant and reliable software that are parts of
our customers' core infrastructure.
Who we're looking for:
- Build rich, robust user interfaces using React, Typescript, and
- Rapidly iterate on new product prototypes
- Uphold a high quality bar for the experiences that you will
- Implement complex interface designs with attention to
micro-interactions, animations, and other fine-grain details
- Optimize for browser rendering performance
- Contribute novel components and UI patterns to our open source
component library, Evergreen
- Collaborate closely with design, helping steer product
requirements and the final product deliverable
Projects you will work on:
- Building beautiful, performant data visualizations that help
customers better debug their Segment instrumentation set-up.
- Creating novel tools to help other engineers build performant
- Contributing new UI patterns and compositions back to our
component library, Evergreen.
- 2+ years of front-end or U engineering experience building,
running, and debugging web applications using modern JS frameworks
(React, Angular, etc)
- A strong sense of design, and appetite for rapidly prototyping
- A passion for technical products, and building performant
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you
think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment we
live by four values: karma, drive, tribe and focus. We are always
looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and
perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at
Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion,
visit our LinkedIn page. We're excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that
everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all
terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin,
ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic
partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight,
AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal,
state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Segment, Medford , Senior UX Engineer, Events, Other , myrtle point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!