OHSU Student Worker
Company: Oregon Health & Science University Hospital
Location: klamath falls
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Peer Tutors are responsible for providing academic assistance to
undergraduate students in select coursework. Tutoring is not
teaching, but rather supplemental learning for students needing
additional assistance with course content. The peer tutoring
program at OHSU utilizes both group and one-on-one tutoring to
assist students with course topics.
Function/Duties of Position
The duties of this position includes:
- Exhibit professional behavior and adhere to confidentiality
- Review and abide by the Tutoring Code of Ethics
- Work with students in both group and individual settings
- Have availability to meet with students for a minimum of 4
hours per week.
- Coach students on study skills, note taking, organization, and
time management. Coach students in clinical skills in the lab
- Communicate with professors regarding individual student needs
- Maintain records of tutoring activities including time keeping
and tutoring notes
All are welcome
- Current OHSU School of Nursing Student Undergraduate Junior or
- Possess the ability and willingness to work with individuals
and groups of students from diverse cultural, economic, and
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally
competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an
equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not
discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class
status, including disability status and protected veteran status.
Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote
diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To
request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Oregon Health & Science University Hospital, Medford , OHSU Student Worker, Other , klamath falls, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!