Senior Software Engineer, Back End
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses
Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies
grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More
than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a
single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where
people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time,
on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make
business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Continually recognized as a leader for innovation and growth, Drift
is expanding our R&D teams and opening a Center of Excellence
in Guadalajara, Mexico. Thanks to a recent investment from Vista
Equity Partners, Drift is currently the fourth largest enterprise
software company globally. Our rapid growth, under the leadership
and guidance of our LatinX founders, has created a fast, exciting
workplace where curious and determined people solve real business
problems to help customers every day.
About Digital First
Drift is a Digital First company, which means Remote is the primary
experience for all employees. For the majority of our positions,
your location is flexible! If "Remote" is stated in the job
location, that role can be located anywhere Drift is authorized to
do business in the United States.
Select roles may require you to be located in a city where we have
a Conversation Space (currently Boston, MA, San Francisco, CA,
Tampa, FL, and London, UK - with more to come across the globe), or
work hours associated with a specific time zone. If this is the
case, it will be explicitly stated in the job description. Please
work with your recruiter and hiring manager to learn more about
where Drift is authorized in the U.S. and to determine if you are
eligible for employment based on your location.
About the role
We are looking for Senior Engineers who are passionate and ready to
tackle some of the most meaningful problems in the industry-from
building adaptive AI for bot-supported conversations, to designing
next generation chat experiences, to bridging the gap between old
and new ways to buy.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be working to guide architectural
decisions and own the tech stack within your respective product. As
we grow as an organization, we are looking for our systems and
applications scale with us and the rapidly growing customers we
You may be involved in creating infrastructure that processes
billions of messages a minute to extracting buyer intent and
priority for conversations. You could also build tools to trace and
visualize any message ever sent so our customers can zero in on
giving the best buying experience.
Drift Tech Stack These are not hard requirements
Location: Remote, MX
Meet some of our leaders!
Whether you're an intern or a principal, you will get to work on
hard problems together. We want you to bring out your unique
experience and specialities.
* Melissa Leffler, SVP of Engineering, joined January 2019. Melissa
is building one of the best engineering teams in the business to
take Drift's products to the next level.
* Bernard Kiyanda, Senior Director of Engineering, joined September
2019. Bernard and his team are instrumental in us expanding to our
* Ivan Saskor, Director of Engineering, joined October 2020. Ivan
and his team are building out solutions to create efficiencies for
sales teams to close deals through automation
* Jeff Orkin, Ph.D., Head of Drift AI Lab. Jeff and his team are
responsible for all things AI and building tools using ML and NLP
to continuously improve our platform!
* Mate Rakic, Senior Director of Engineering, joined June 2018.
Starting out as a Tech Lead at Drift, Mate is now leading a team of
engineers to innovate the way companies engage prospective buyers
and make the process frictionless across the board.
What we're looking for
* Passion around being closely involved with product teams to focus
on realizing outcomes for our customers.
* Being a technical expert on architectural decisions to help us
* Engineers who enjoy driving best practices by facilitating code
reviews and mentoring junior engineers
* Enthusiasm for owning projects from conceptualization to
* Engineers with a sense of creating frameworks and products to
enhance the work of others.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
* Can put yourself in the shoes of our customers to unite design &
code and craft fantastic experiences
* Enjoy working on the backend, or anywhere it takes to solve
problems and delight customers
* You are a systems thinking and you have experience designing,
building and maintaining REST APIs for use in production
* Have architected RESTful services and understand concepts such as
batching, versioning, and idempotency
* Are considered an expert of a server side programming language
* Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down.
We execute on small pieces to generate visible results
* Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different
* Can stitch together many different services and processes
together even if you have not worked with them before
* Uphold quality standards in engineering, security, and design
What you'll be doing on the team:
Day 1 you will
* Use your onboarding time to learn how things work here and to
practice writing and shipping software that makes our customers
* Start to dig in and get the basics down about our customers
* Learn Drift-specific systems, product information, and review
paperwork (we have to get that out of the way).
* Have lunch with your manager and maybe your team
By the end of week 1 you will
* Get to know your customer - Every team at Drift owns a different
area of the product and our Customers are a super important
ingredient to how we build products!
* Have received a first look into Drift engineering systems,
culture and product process through various conversations;
* How Product Works at Drift
* Engineering Path of Success/ Path of Failure
* Auth & Debugging at Drift
* Customer-centered Engineering
* Review of Drift SDLC
* Have transitioned from onboarding to your new team
* Have your local dev environment set up and you will have
completed your First-day ship!!!
By the end of month 1 you'll
* Meet all of your members from Design to Product and Customer
* Work with your tech lead to identify the "small rocks" (aka Team
Goals) for your first month along with any other goals.
* Also work with your tech lead to develop your list of personal/
* Get an intro to chat duty and how our CA team interacts with our
customers on a daily basis.
* Ramp up by engaging in these product processes at Drift;
* Take ownership of a "small rock" from a 1-pager
* Contribute to story time
* Participate in a green-lit kickoff
* Write code toward your "small rock"
* #Shipyard a completed product
* Measure your impact!
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess
what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an "ideal candidate." We
believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn
something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just
skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you
would thrive in, please don't hold back from applying! Whatever
skills you bring to the table or background you're coming from, we
welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique
perspective for our continued innovation and success. We're looking
forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Drift, Medford , Senior Software Engineer, Back End, IT / Software / Systems , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!