Food Service Manager
Company: Avamere Family of Companies
Posted on: October 12, 2019
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER
Avamere at Medford - Waterford/Three Fountains
835 Crater Lake Ave
Work where you make a Difference!
Food Service Manager
Full-time Day Position Available
Avamere at Three Fountains
835 Crater Lake Avenue
Medford, Oregon 97504
Working with the Head Chef, this position will assist the food
service staff in the management of the dining rooms, interview
residents and or family members as necessary to obtain diet
history, assist with assessments, documentation, quality assurance
and preparing menus for the following week.
* Prepares food items and serves food to Residents within scheduled
* Responsbile for ordering food and supplies for Dietary
* Follows menu cycle, noting changes or substitutions made.
* Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and
* Assures compliance with state sanitation code.
* Orders all supplies and maintains inventory control. Verifies
orders received, assuring needed goods are on hand. Ensures that
all budgetary guidelines are achieved.
* Supervises food service functions.
* Maintains quality of food services, quantity prepared and
sanitation of food preparation area
* Maintains clean, neat and safe working environment.
* Assures that Resident food needs and preferences are known.
* Assures staff, Resident and guest meals are accounted for
* Maintains meal service records as required.
* Reports problems, concerns, issues observed with food service and
communicates them appropriately.
* Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and
communicates them appropriately.
* Observes other problems and communicates them appropriately.
* Observes all work, safety and administrative rules.
* Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
* Records Resident information as required.
* Avoids loss, breakages and waste of supplies and equipment.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire,
life safety, disaster, security, worker safety and other emergency
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Willingness to adhere to assisted living principles in providing
* Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities
* Ability to prepare and serve a wide range of foods
* Ability to perform and instruct others in food preparation, food
serving and cleaning tasks.
* Keeps all information confidential.
* Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and
follows dress requirements consistently.
* Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
* Ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
* Interacts in professional manner with Residents, public,
co-workers. Works cooperatively with management. Displays
willingness to assist co-workers when situation requires.
* Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), 30 lbs.
* Adequate and clear English speaking and writing ability; able to
* Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate
* Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
* CPR/First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment.
* Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous
* Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
* Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to
post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of
healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the
common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our
Avamere at Medford is a 117 bed skilled nursing and rehab facility
providing short-term therapeutic rehabilitation, transitional and
hospice care, as well as, long-term care. Unique to Avamere at
Medford is a fitness center with a swimming pool and gym, a Massage
Therapist and in addition, outdoor patios and a wide variety of
activities available for patients functioning at different
cognitive levels. Join our team as we are currently seeking top
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Upon hire, all employees will be criminal background checked and
DMV checked if driving company vehicles. If you have any questions
regarding the employment checks, please contact the human resource
The mission of the Avamere Family of Companies is to enhance the
life of every person we serve. It is through our Core Values that
each member of our Family lives our mission. By putting integrity
above all else, our passion for the quality of peoples lives shows
in our evidenced-based approaches to achieving the best possible
outcomes. We strive for quality that is obvious; the type of
quality that is won through hard work and innovation. Our culture
of trust and respect is recognized during the first meeting between
the families, patients, residents, and our caring staff. As a
leader of post-acute care services, the Avamere Family of Companies
continually reaches to learn, grow, and embrace change. Ultimately
it all comes down to teamwork, camaraderie, and fun!
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K
retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID
theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental,
vision, life insurance, short term disability, AD&D coverage,
generous Employee Referral program/bonus, plus numerous employee
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Application
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Avamere Family of Companies, Medford , Food Service Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!