Hotel Bartender - Compass by Margaritaville
Company: MEDC: Tribal One
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompass Hotel by Margaritaville, Medford, Oregon
THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST WELCOMES MARGARITAVILLE'S NEWEST HOTEL
CONCEPTThe breathtaking beauty found in the forests and lakes of
Oregon and the Rogue Valley provides a perfect backdrop to
Margaritaville's newest hotel, Compass by Margaritaville. Medford
is the gateway to Oregon's wine country and visitors will
appreciate sampling the region's finest vintages along with the
convenient nearby golf course and sports park. Located near Harry &
David headquarters, the Compass Hotel provides an island-inspired
paradise for travelers searching for the Margaritaville state of
mind. This brand-new hotel features an outdoor pool and 111 guest
rooms with signature bedding and casual comforts that are ready to
help guests relax, rejuvenate and escape the every day. Enjoy
signature dining concepts such as 5 o'Clock Somewhere and
complimentary breakfast.This is a Hotel Bartender position with a
small company managed by a cohesive team of professionals that is
looking to increase our capability. This position earns a
competitive wage of $13.50 - $16.12/hourly plus tips, depending on
experience. We provide outstanding benefits, including health,
dental, vision, disability and life insurance programs; paid time
off; 401(k) plan with company match; employee assistance program;
employee wellness incentives; direct deposit; and discounted meal
programs.A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A HOTEL BARTENDERResponsible for the
day-to-day operation of a specific bar; providing excellent
service, food and/or beverage and a fun, clean atmosphere to
internal and external Guests according to the standards and
expectations.Role Accountabilities & Expectations:
- Greet guests with a welcoming and warm smile.
- Provide friendly, courteous service to all Guests in a manner
that guarantees they intend to return.
- Ensure Guests receive immediate, friendly and personalized
- Verify all Guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years
of age; ensure alcohol is consumed in designated area only.
- Deliver accurate food and beverage orders in a timely
- Communicate with and establish rapport with all Guests; get to
know Guests by name. Make Guests happy by exceeding service
- Resolve Guest complaints quickly and/or notify a Manager
- Present food and beverage orders to Guest as soon as soon as
they are prepared.
- Possess full knowledge of food and beverage products served and
utilize suggestive selling techniques.
- Prepare all beverages according to recipes and procedures.
- Conduct final quality check on food and beverages before
serving to the Guest; maintain specifications by only serving items
that are made properly.
- Ensure a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation and
- Take orders and accurately enter into POS system.
- Practice proper cash handling procedures.
- Clean all spilled drinks, excess liquor, broken glass and other
debris in a timely fashion.
- Keep floor clean and free of debris.
- Use and maintain all tools and equipment safely.
- Complete required and ongoing training for the position.
- Assist management in training new Staff Members within
department when applicable.
- Prioritize and complete all assigned station task, side work
and station set up for maximum productively and efficiency.
- Complete all opening, running and closing duties.
- Maintain cleanliness of bar, glassware, utensils and
- Assist with stocking the bar with liquor, beer, wine, juices,
mixes, glassware, utensils, cocktail napkins, fresh cut fruit,
- Provide aid to Barback when applicable. Track spilled or waste
- Ask for help whenever it is needed.
- Ensure a harassment-free environment through proper personal
- Use respectful language with Guests, Staff Members and Managers
at all times.
- Respond appropriately in emergency situations to avoid danger
to self, Staff Members and Guests; remain calm at all times.
- Conduct inventory of all liquor and bar related supplies.
- Follow proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par
levels of all bar related products; notify Manager of low
- Understand, comply with and enforce all company policies and
procedures. Adhere to responsible alcohol service established by
- Understand and utilize all safety and sanitation practices as
defined in the safety program; report any accidents.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by
Management.QUALIFICATIONS FOR A BARTENDER
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years' experience bartending in a high
volume Food and Beverage environment; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must be at least the minimum age required to serve alcohol as
determined by applicable state law.
- Able to free-pour to recipe at specification; extensive
knowledge of mixed cocktails and frozen drinks.
- Good reading, writing, mathematical and communication
- Able to interact professionally with other departments and
- Able to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in
a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgement and decision making abilities.
- Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Team member is
required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of
possession prior to first day of employment subject to local US
- Must pass and remain in compliance with drug free workplace
policies.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (as required by OSHA and ADA)
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evening hours as
- Must be able to spend 100% of working time standing, walking
- Pushing, pulling and lifting objects from a lower to higher
position or moving objects horizontally, from position to
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling while walking,
standing or crouching in narrow, slippery or erratically moving
- Climbing and ascending or descending ladders, stairs and
- Must be able to carry loads greater than 35 pounds and exert up
to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force
- Hearing sounds at normal speaking levels with or without
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color,
peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Are
you attentive to detail, want to work hard and be rewarded for it?
Can you balance multiple tasks while adapting to an evolving
market? Are you self-confident, reliable and responsible? Do you
have good problem-solving abilities and verbal/written
communication skills? If yes, you might just be perfect for this
Hotel Bartender position!ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?If you feel
that you would be right for this Hotel Bartender job, please fill
out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look
forward to meeting you!Location: 97501
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: MEDC: Tribal One, Medford , Hotel Bartender - Compass by Margaritaville, Hospitality & Tourism , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!