Company: Cycle Gear
Posted on: April 9, 2021
- The Merchandiser role is responsible for managing the stores
backroom operations by receiving products into the POS system,
keeping products organized and accounted for and helping process
weekly pallets. The Merchandiser will also be in charge of
processing damaged or defective products back to the Distribution
Center and reporting these items to the Inventory Control Team.
Additionally, the Merchandiser also works closely with the
management team to ensure that an adequate level of product is in
stock for customer purchase, that the merchandise is properly
maintained, and that the merchandise is displayed appropriately
with proper signage and favorable shelf placement. This includes
store setup, MAPP execution, plan-o-gram setup and maintenance as
well as the stocking of various types of products.Our Merchandiser
- Be held accountable for all incoming and outgoing
- Check-in and tag merchandise, ensure proper placement and
display of merchandise on the sales floor and assist in completion
of markdowns and price updates as needed.
- Maintain store presentation according to company standards,
including store housekeeping, merchandising, and retail standards.
This includes the backroom and workstations.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service
by providing a professional retail environment which includes
greeting and acknowledging every customer with 90 seconds of
entering the store, maintaining an upbeat, can-do attitude
throughout customer interactions, and retaining solid product
knowledge in order to deliver quality customer service
- Reconcile special orders between vendors, distribution center
and the customer.this includes contacting customers when orders
arrive, delayed or out of stock.
- Maintain awareness of all product knowledge information,
merchandise promotions, and advertisements set forth by the
- Routinely meet and exceed customer needs by providing needed
products and answering customer questions.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as scheduled,
following proper procedures as documented in the opening and
closing checklist.QualificationsOur Merchandiser Has:Previous
retail, Inventory management, customer service, or sales
experience; 2+ years preferredPrevious experience with meeting or
exceeding sales objectives in a retail environmentPossess an
upbeat, positive attitude, passionate about what they do, and
thrives on being self motivated as well as an important part of a
team.Familiarity reading, comprehending and interpreting all Store
Communications via Gear Net, MAPP, modules, plan-o-grams,
schematics or POGs and product/department manualsPossess strong
computer acumen and attention to detailPossesses strong writing and
math ability to count and manage inventory and control cash.Proven
ability and desire to establish engaging rapport with
customers.Ability to work assigned schedule, Monday through Friday
in addition to the ability to work some nights/evenings and
holidays as assigned.Familiarity with motorcycles, automotive
and/or motorsports preferred.Additional InformationBenefits:
- Competitive hourly base rate.
- Flexible schedule -- Great for students!
- Work in an industry that you are passionate about!
- Amazing employee discounts on all our great products.
- Great work/life balance.
- Training and development.
- Career opportunities.
- Just an all-around excellent place to work!!Cycle Gear provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Cycle Gear, Medford , Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!