Medical Assistant or LPN (fluent in Spanish) - Sign On Bonus
Company: Vera Whole Health
Posted on: July 13, 2019
This position is eligible for a $2500 Sign on bonus.
About VeraThe vision of Vera Whole Health is to create a health
revolution by enlivening people, invigorating companies, and
transforming healthcare. Vera Whole Health ensures that the right
people get the right care at the right time, which means patients
are healthier, happier and more productive. Vera Whole Health is a
market leading healthcare company that provides primary care,
population health management, and behavior coaching to employees
via employer-funded on- or near-site clinics. By addressing the
needs of both the individual and the organization, Vera
dramatically improves employee health and significantly reduces
Come join our health revolution.Position SummaryThe MA is
responsible for a wide range of administrative and clinical tasks
to assist our clinical providers. The MA provides support in
delivering excellent patient service, clinical support, and Front
Office duties and promotes health and wellness. The MA ensures the
clinic runs efficiently by managing the flow of patient services,
monitoring resources, and works collaboratively with the clinic
Position Qualifications/Essential Functions: Clinic Operations
- Manage patient care flow.
- Set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit
- Schedule appointments.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with
excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform inventory, order and stock clinic supplies as
- Regular and reliable attendance at the assigned Vera clinic or
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to
off-site events for the client.
- Meets Satisfaction selected performance targets for clinic
- Meets standards of medical record audit for documenting medical
history according to Policies and Procedures.Compliance
- Perform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping
patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA
- Participate in medical site's efforts to comply with
organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent
government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.Team Duties
- Collaborate in developing team priorities and patient goals &
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency
assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts on
- Perform other duties as assigned.Additional Qualifications
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately record
- Basic ability to prepare patient for office
- Basic understanding of patient care flow.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using
sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Spanish speaking required.
- In the state of WA Licensed Medical Assistant Certification
required, AAMA (preferred),
- Phlebotomy certified within 90 days of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program and/or CMA
or RMA active certification.
- Minimum 2 years' experience. Preferred in primary/urgent
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination or proof of immunity
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90
days before start-date.
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited
organization upon hire.Demonstrated Attributes
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to The Vera Way
by practicing its key components of mindfulness, continuous
learning, a coach approach, innovation, adaptability and resilience
with all members of Vera's staff, clients and patients.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record system is
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent
verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.Physical Demands
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of
handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical
exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal
ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds. WDHP Vera
Whole Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If
you need accommodation for any part of the employment process
because of a disability, please visit our website and let us know
the nature of your request.
Keywords: Vera Whole Health, Medford , Medical Assistant or LPN (fluent in Spanish) - Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!