Medical Assistant or LPN (fluent in Spanish) - Sign On Bonus!
Company: Vera Whole Health
Posted on: April 17, 2019
This position is eligible for a $2500 Sign on bonus.About VeraThe
vision of Vera Whole Health is to create a health revolution by
enlivening people, invigorating companies, and transforming
healthcare. Vera Whole Health ensures that the right people get the
right care at the right time, which means patients are healthier,
happier and more productive. Vera Whole Health is a market leading
healthcare company that provides primary care, population health
management, and behavior coaching to employees via employer-funded
on- or near-site clinics. By addressing the needs of both the
individual and the organization, Vera dramatically improves
employee health and significantly reduces costs. Come join our
health revolution.Position SummaryThe MA is responsible for a wide
range of administrative and clinical tasks to assist our clinical
providers. The MA provides support in delivering excellent patient
service, clinical support, and front office duties and promotes
health and wellness. The MA ensures the clinic runs efficiently by
managing the flow of patient services, monitoring resources, and
works collaboratively with the clinic providers.--Position
Qualifications/Essential Functions: Clinic Operations
- Manage patient care flow.
- Set up exam/procedure room appropriately based on patient visit
- Schedule appointments.
- Handle multiple phone lines and email correspondence with
excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform inventory, order and stock clinic supplies as
- Regular and reliable attendance at the assigned Vera clinic or
- May be required to travel to other sites for coverage or to
off-site events for the client.
- Meets Satisfaction selected performance targets for clinic
- Meets standards of medical record audit for documenting medical
history according to Policies and Procedures.Compliance
- Perform QA controls and complete QA documents.
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control, including
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping
patient care information confidential and in compliance with HIPAA
- Participate in medical site---s efforts to comply with
organizational quality improvement guidelines and pertinent
government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.Team Duties
- Collaborate in developing team priorities and patient goals &
- Prepare for, attend and participate in team meetings and
- Participate in training, orientation, ongoing competency
assessments and continuous learning efforts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with shifts on
- Perform other duties as assigned.Additional Qualifications
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately record
- Basic ability to prepare patient for office
- Basic understanding of patient care flow.
- Ability to correctly set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using
sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or
- Basic understanding of cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Spanish speaking required.
- In the state of WA Licensed Medical Assistant Certification
required, AAMA (preferred),
- Phlebotomy certified within 90 days of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program and/or CMA
or RMA active certification.
- Minimum 2 years--- experience. Preferred in primary/urgent
- Documentation of--Hepatitis--B vaccination or proof of immunity
- Documentation of proof of a negative TB test in the last 90
days before start-date.--
- Must show proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification for Healthcare Providers from a nationally accredited
organization upon hire.Demonstrated Attributes
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to--The Vera Way
by practicing its key components--of mindfulness, continuous
learning,--a coach approach, innovation,--adaptability
and--resilience--with all members of Vera's staff, clients and
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record system is
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize work assignments.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent
verbal and written communication.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred.Physical Demands
- Includes full range of body motion including the potential of
handling and lifting patients, must be able to perform physical
exams with medical instrumentation.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal
ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of
- Occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.Vera Whole
Health is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you
need accommodation for any part of the employment process because
of a disability, please visit our website and let us know the
nature of your request.
Keywords: Vera Whole Health, Medford , Medical Assistant or LPN (fluent in Spanish) - Sign On Bonus!, Healthcare , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!