Radiation Therapist - Medford, OR
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Radiation Therapist Additional Position Details: Flexible
Workforce/on-call position. Variable schedule.Salary: Starting wage
for this position is $43.31 per hour and up (wage based on
qualifications and years of experience in the field).This Flexible
Workforce position also pays an additional 15% on top of the base
hourly rate. Questions? Contact Chandler White at
Position Summary The Radiation Therapist has the opportunity to
inspire confidence in patient care by operating various treatment
machines in the department and utilizing them to treat patients in
a consistent and caring manner following the Radiation Oncologist's
prescription and treatment plan as set up in simulation and
dosimetry.As the Radiation Therapist at Asante, you will have the
- Closely interact with and treat patients while building
supportive, nurturing relationships with them.
- Provide accurate and precise delivery of radiation in a dynamic
teamwork favored atmosphere.
- Work closely with Radiation Oncologists and nursing staff to
coordinate consistent patient care and treatment.
- Develop and maintain a scientific understanding of radiation,
its effects, and how to safely deliver it using a linear
accelerator and Tomotherapy unit.
- Acquire patient data using a CT scanner and build positioning
devices while partnering with seasoned dosimetrists.
- Work with physics and engineering staff to problem solve and
report machine problems. What You Must Have
- Thorough knowledge of theory, practices, procedures, and
equipment used in the field of Radiation Oncology.
- Licensed in Radiation Therapy by the Oregon Board of Medical
Imaging (OBMI) with certification in Radiation Therapy ARRT (T)
required upon start.
- BLS: Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider certified
by the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- Experience in CT highly preferred . What We Offer Our Flexible
Workforce (Per diem/On-call)
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an
employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer
contribution What Makes Us Different Asante is more than a great
hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of
passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate
to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't
matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture,
values and people create an environment of sustained medical
excellence. For more on our story and award-winning health care,
click HERE . More About Asante and Southern Oregon Asante is a
local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization
that provides comprehensive health care services to more than
550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and
Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital
in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante
Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician
Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care
partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are
represented within an organization dedicated to providing
exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities
offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and
professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your
family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the
difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.At
Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we
serve patients and the community: Excellence - Respect - Honesty -
Service - Teamwork Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities,
qualified individuals with disabilities and protected
Keywords: Asante, Medford , Radiation Therapist - Medford, OR, Healthcare , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...