Company: KLAMATH BASIN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Location: Klamath Falls
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Salary; $250,000 - $275,000 Annually / RELOCATE TO KLAMATH
FALLS, OREGON - SIGNING BONUS & RELOCATION ASSISTANCE ARE
AVAILABLEThe role of the Medical Director is to provide expertise
and leadership to the clinical operations of the organization and
direct oversight of the clinical operations of the psychiatric
department, while the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) will provide
oversight of the administrative duties of the psychiatric
department. They will act as a liaison with the primary care
community and assist in training within the organization and the
community. The Medical Director is responsible for providing
leadership and direction in healthcare reform, clinical best
practices, and current medical research.Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 38 days of PTO (accrual begins at the date of hire and includes
3 weeks of vacation, 12 days of wellness, and 11 paid
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Retirement Participation
- Licensed employees may apply for educational loan repayment
through the National Health Services Corp. More information is
available on their website at
- Relocation Assistance for candidates moving from
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
- Board certification in psychiatry.
- License to practice medicine in the state of Oregon. Current
DEA number with no restrictions on prescribing controlled
substances. Eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party
reimbursements. Individuals excluded from participation in federal
reimbursement programs (including Medicaid, Medicare, and CHAMPUS)
by the Office of the Inspector General do not meet the requirements
for this position.
- Must have, or obtain, a current and valid Oregon driver's
license in accordance with Oregon DMV driver's license eligibility
- Strong community-based program experience with a passion for
working with the underserved and Medicaid population.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Direct treatment experience with a broad range of populations,
including SMI, SED, dually diagnosed individuals, the child welfare
population, individuals who may be experiencing a psychiatric
crisis situation, and older adults.
- Able to successfully collaborate as part of a multi-discipline
- Demonstrates state-of-the-art knowledge of psychotropic
- Able to successfully work in a managed care environment.
- Previous administrative experience, including medical practice
policy development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Experience supervising psychiatric services, prescribing
psychotropic medication, performing psychiatric evaluations, and
treating severely mentally ill patients; experience treating
patients with substance use and co-occurring mental health
disorders; experience with ASAM Placement Criteria, knowledge of
recovery-based services and principles; knowledge regarding
evidence-based practices; on insurance panels for Oregon 3rd party
payees; extensive experience in mental health clinic settings;
forensic experience; microcomputer experience.
- Suboxone waiver preferred.Essential Duties and
- Work under the direction of the CEO and collaboratively with
other members of the Senior Executive Team.
- Responsible for clinical supervision of medical staff while the
Chief Clinical Officer will be responsible for the administrative
supervision of the medical staff.
- Will be an essential member of the medical staff hiring
- Coordinate and maintain cooperative relationships with programs
and community organizations in carrying out treatment and service
- Attend staff, management, and inter-agency meetings as
- Represent KBBH in community, regional, and state-wide meetings
- Supervise and evaluate assigned staff based upon established
KBBH performance standards.
- Provides psychiatric evaluations and medication management
services to KBBH clients.
- Provides appropriate clinical documentation and follow-up for
services/ treatment activities.
- Will establish best practices, clinical guidelines, and
medication algorithms for the Medical Team based on experience and
- Will establish and monitor practice standards to ensure medical
resources are utilized at an optimal level.
- Follow proper protocol for documentation as set forth by
- Ensure compliance with county, state, and federal laws, rules,
and regulations concerning the provision of psychiatric
- Conduct crisis intervention via telephone and face-to-face.
Intervene and de-escalate crisis situations with patients as
necessary. Assess the risk of harm to self or others and arrange
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Facilitates the development and implementation and monitors
staff compliance with all of the Medical Services policies and
- Collaborates with the CEO in the development of productivity
standards for psychiatric staff.
- Supervises employed psychiatric staff and provides oversight of
consultations to assure they receive appropriate training, ongoing
supervision, or oversight and monitoring of agency-required
documentation and billing information.COVID-19 considerations:
Masks and/or face shield is required and Covid-19 vaccination or
qualification for exemptions.Klamath Basin Behavioral Health
celebrates diversity and is committed to creating inclusive and
equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information,
age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, and veteran's status, or any other basis covered by
appropriate law. Our employment decisions are based on
qualifications, merit, and agency need. PI207440927
Keywords: KLAMATH BASIN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, Medford , Medical Director, Healthcare , Klamath Falls, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...