Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Company: Southern Oregon Home Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Company Overview:The Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA, OTA)
in Home Health is responsible for providing occupational therapy to
patients in their homes to restore them to their fullest physical
ability. The Occupational Therapy Assistant performs his/her duties
in accordance with policies and procedures and the established plan
Scheduling interviews today!
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.Essential
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, is at all
times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing
theprovision of occupational therapy in home care, to follow the
treatment set only as defined by the Occupational Therapist; to
perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained
to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan
of care to the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, leads the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising OT, the
supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to
treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the
health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.Education &
- Current OTA licensure in the state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.Additional State
- AL: Must have two (2) years experience practicing as an
Occupational Therapist Assistant.
- CT: Must be certified by the American Occupational Therapy
- District of Columbia: Not allowed to practice.
- IN, Must be certified by a national therapy association
- NM: Must be certified by the state of New Mexico.
- LA: Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience as a
licensed Occupational Therapist Assistant.
- NY: Must be certified and registered with the state of New
- SC: Must be certified and in good standing with the National
Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MO, NC,
NH, NJ, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV, WI: No
additional state specific requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination
by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If
permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for
religious or medical exemptions.
Keywords: Southern Oregon Home Health, Medford , Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA), Healthcare , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!