Dental Assistant Lead
Company: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center
Posted on: May 6, 2021
JOB TITLE: Dental Assistant, Lead Hours: Monday through Thursday
7:30 to 5:30 REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
FLSA: Non-Exempt Advantage Dental and affiliate practices are bound
by a mission: To improve the oral health of all. Comprised of 80
practices, over 200 providers and more than 800 support employees
throughout six states, our network of practices provide care to
over a quarter of a million patients annually. Join our team to be
part of something greater, driving change that supports a more
effective oral health care system. Together we are creating
healthy, confident smiles across the Nation. JOB SUMMARY: Under
general supervision of a Dentist in a practice care setting,
assists the dentist in providing dental treatment. PRIMARY JOB
- Responsible for assisting with patient paperwork, including
charting dental needs and documenting patient oral and medical
- Assists dentist(s) in all clinical and chairside dental
procedures, which includes patient management through
- Responsible for utilizing inventory appropriately and
management of dental supplies.
- Responsible for taking and developing x-rays as prescribed by
the dentist while following radiographic safety measures, upon
- Performs sterilization and disinfection techniques of dental
instruments and treatment rooms as required by OSHA, CDC, and ADA
- Communicates effectively and compassionately to patients about
dental treatment needs and recommendations as prescribed by the
dentist(s); this includes discussing home care and post-operative
care after procedures and surgeries.
- Prepares various materials such as dental cements, impression
materials or other restorative materials as prescribed by the
dentist(s) or hygienist.
- Completes follow up calls on extensive treatments and reports
back to dentist.
- Responsible for setup of treatment room, to include keeping the
room organized and properly maintained.
- Assists with training future Dental Assistant I employees,
mentor Dental Assistant I and Dental Assistant II employees; which
includes training for any new equipment
- Maintains patient records in compliance with HIPAA.
- Other duties as needed or required. JOB
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a dental assistant.
- Knowledge of insurance and treatment plans
- Strong leadership, organizational and prioritization
- For states that have advanced certifications or licensure for
expanded functions, at least one of the following certifications
may be required to meet job expectations: EFDA, EFODA, EFOSA,
- Certified in Expanded Functions, non restorative, where
required by state, to perform skills such as coronal polish,
sealant application, temporary restorations and monitoring nitrous
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes and manage time
- Current CPR, BLS or PALS required or ability to obtain within
30 days of start date.
- Radiology certificate as required by state, or willingness to
obtain within 180 days of start date.
- Ability to work Monday-Friday and occasional weekends as
scheduled and based on business needs
- Ability to maintain continuing education (CE) as required by
state or business requirements.
- Ability to travel to work at other practices as needed.
- Advanced certifications such as: Nitrous, DAANCE, Pit and
Fissure Sealant, Soft-Reline, Coronal Polishing, and /or EFODA if
state applicable. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such
as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out
position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office
environment. The specific statements shown in each section of this
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform
this position. ** In accordance with DentaQuest's Compliance Plan,
employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable
laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and
report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ's
Compliance Officer. ** DentaQuest's Affirmative Action Program
affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the
known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified
individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless
the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation
of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional
information regarding this Program.
Keywords: Advantage Dental Oral Health Center, Medford , Dental Assistant Lead, Healthcare , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!