Compliance Manager, Audit & Monitoring
Company: Shriners Childrens Hospital
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Shriners Children's is a family that respects, supports, and values
each other. We are engaged in providing excellence in patient care,
embracing multi-disciplinary education, and research with global
impact. We foster a learning environment that values evidenced
based practice, experience, innovation, and critical thinking. Our
compassion, integrity, accountability, and resilience defines us as
leaders in pediatric specialty care for our children and their
Shriners Children's is the premier pediatric burn, orthopaedic,
spinal cord injury, cleft lip and palate, and pediatric
subspecialties medical center. We have an opportunity for a remote
Corporate Compliance Manager, Audit & Monitoring reporting into our
Under the direction of the Corporate Director of Compliance, the
Compliance Manager, Audit & Monitoring is responsible for assisting
in the implementation and ongoing management of the Shriners
Children's Corporate Compliance Program. The Compliance Manager
works directly with corporate personnel in implementation of
auditing and monitoring aspects of the program. The Compliance
Manager is responsible for general compliance responsibilities and,
in conjunction with other department members, develops and
implements compliance policies and procedures, compliance training
and programs; investigates and resolves compliance matters;
responds to questions or concerns received internally; provides
input and representation on key compliance initiatives, meetings,
and committees; and participates in risk assessment processes. The
Compliance Manager stays abreast of industry and compliance trends
and recommends and implements changes to internal processes as
needed, and also serves as the point of contact for assigned
facilities and designated subject matter resource for the entire
* Facilitates compliance with all federal, state, legal and
regulatory requirements across the organization.
* Develops, implements and revises policies and procedures to
comply with applicable regulatory and internal/organizational
* Assists in development, coordination and delivery of
compliance-related training to workforce members.
* Implements and manages applicable elements of Shriners Children's
compliance work plan, including auditing and monitoring.
* Conducts compliance investigations as directed.
* Participates in the planning and performance of the risk
* Reviews current and proposed programs, services, initiatives and
partnerships to identify and mitigate compliance risks and
* Functions as a resource to ensure that compliance matters are
appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
* Effectively interacts and communicates with all Shriners
Children's workforce members, patients, families, contractors, and
* Develops annual audit plan
* Develops auditing policy and procedure, protocol, and templates
including corrective action plans
* Implements compliance liaison program at each facility. Includes
appointment of compliance liaison, education of liaison, and
development program to facilitate compliance through use of
* Manages compliance liaisons at facilities
* Collaborates with other functional areas to modify processes to
address compliance risks and opportunities and coordinate auditing
needs and efforts
* Serves as organizational compliance subject matter resource for
* Responds to, monitors, tracks and reports on compliance-related
activities, with special attention to auditing and monitoring.
* Responsible for general compliance support to all facilities and
within subject matter expertise
* 3 years of experience in healthcare compliance required
* 3 years of healthcare compliance experience in a multi-hospital
* Experience in auditing and monitoring required
* Bachelor's Degree in related field required
* CCEP certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the
healthcare provider industry.
* Ability to translate/articulate complex
rules/regulations/compliance issues into terms readily understood
by workforce members at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to analyze problems, develop creative solutions to
complex issues and design/implement/manage required polices and
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and
* Demonstrated success in building and maintaining collaborative
work relationships internally and externally.
* Ability to work with all levels of staff and particularly
management and senior leadership.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Adept at complex project planning/management, with the ability to
effectively delegate and monitor.
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information while
maintaining an exceptional level of ethical business conduct.
* Proven ability to use Internet/Intranet, web-based databases and
Microsoft applications (ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project,
Outlook, Access, Publisher, etc).
* Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and/or compliance
documentation software is a plus.
* Possess personal and professional values consistent with those of
Keywords: Shriners Childrens Hospital, Medford , Compliance Manager, Audit & Monitoring, Executive , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!