Director of Field Operations
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: September 23, 2022
GiGstreem is a US based national Internet Service Provider, serving
Residential (Single Family, MDU) and Commercial (MTU) clients with
technology solutions in markets across the country. As a part of
our growth and expansion, Gigstreem is looking to hire a Director
of Field Operations to develop the strategic vision and oversee the
organizational development of the Field Operations department.
The Director of Field Operations is responsible for the leadership
and management of GiGstreem's Field Operations overseeing
end-to-end development, planning and execution of all GiGstreem
field work, technical projects and support operations to ensure
on-time and accurate completion while meeting all requirements and
- Lead and manage all aspects of GiGstreem's field operations,
including forecasting, staffing, scheduling and employee
- Develop all department processes, systems, technical standards,
procedures and KPIs to ensure the timely and efficient completion
of all stages of GiGstreem work orders including surveys, quality
audits, installations, trouble calls, outage response and plant
- Develop Quality Control standards and audit procedures to
ensure the quality of build and service.
- Develop technician and other team member requirements including
job descriptions, skill requirements, and all training and
- Develop GiGstreem's training and certification program through
establishment of initial training and continuing education
requirements, leveraging internal and external resources.
- Review, develop, and evaluate installation methods, equipment
and materials to produce operating procedures that meet internal,
industry and customer requirements.
- Test and evaluate new installation and service methods,
products and equipment to increase work order efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain service partner/contractor relationships
by evaluating performance of existing contractors and developing
new market, regional and national relationships to augment internal
resources and ensure adequate labor workforce for all GiGstreem
field work nationwide.
- Develop internal staffing, hiring, and third-party contractor
plans, based on GiGstreem's construction and work order forecast,
to ensure efficient labor and staffing to meet fluctuating work
- Lead cross-functionally to facilitate company-wide cooperation
towards the successful completion of all field work, technical
projects and company goals.
- Work with Vice President of Operations to produce quarterly and
annual budgets, managing all department activities and expenses to
meet budget goals.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Operations.
- 10+ years field experience within the telecommunications
- 5+ years direct managing or leading the overall department
responsible for installation of residential/commercial internet
services and/or construction of network infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Manager or Director.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work as part of
team, giving direction, implementing action and defining/measuring
- Ability to identify project impacting critical issues and
challenges and work with members of the Operations Management team
to develop and implement successful solutions.
- Knowledge of technologies and materials used in
telecommunications site designs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to
effectively communicate with all employee and management
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Project, Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver's License and clean MTR
- Travel may be required on a regular basis PI
Keywords: GiGstreem, Medford , Director of Field Operations, Executive , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!