LCSW - Care Management *Medford*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Providence is calling a Social Worker - LCSW - Care
Management (0.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Medford Medical Center in
Medford, OR. We are seeking a Social Worker LCSW - Care Management
who will independently provide comprehensive
biopsychosocial/spiritual assessment, diagnosis and/or
treatment/interventions/advocacy of patients and their support
systems. The LCSW incorporates concepts and theories associated
with life span development, neurobiology, and behavioral change.
The LCSW will collaborate with the patient and support system to
develop and implement evidence-informed person-centered care plans
across the care continuum in collaboration with the
Inter/Multi-Disciplinary Team (IDT). The LCSW shall perform duties
in a manner that respects patient self-determination, that reduces
health disparities/barriers to care, and adheres to the NASW code
of ethics, Standards of Practice (SOP), and mission. In this
position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Independently provides strength based comprehensive
biopsychosocial, emotional, spiritual, and cultural
- Assess for and recognize social determinants for wellness and
recovery. Conducts ongoing assessment of patients appropriate to
age and cultural background in accordance with patient directed
- May include advance care and end of life discussion as
appropriate to setting.
- In the context of a clinical relationship, provides social work
interventions to support and empower patients and their
family/support systems to effectively cope with the impact of
medical and/or mental health conditions, optimize functioning and
improve overall well-being.
- Formulate, implement, and monitor a social work plan of care
that supports and identifies therapeutic solutions or adjustments
to medical, social, emotional and financial problems which may
impact health or well-being.
- Care plans are patient-centered, strength-based, and
culturally-relevant. Utilizes counseling, motivational
interviewing, crisis intervention, education, case management, etc.
as appropriate and required to the clinical setting.
- As appropriate and required to the clinical setting, perform
diagnostic evaluation of psychiatric and substance use
- Establish a diagnosis based upon DSM and ICD diagnostic
- Incorporate evidence based theories and methods, provide
specialized clinical treatment services as appropriate and required
to the clinical setting. Utilizes the Professional Edition:
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) for psychiatric and
substance use disorders to resolve and/or reduce signs and symptoms
of diagnosis as appropriate and required to the clinical
- Case Management:
- Provide effective case management including triaging patient
needs, adapting approaches to meet additional needs, and
collaborating with internal and external resources as
- Coordination of Care:
- Create strength-based, collaborative care planning with the
patient and their family/support systems.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with
various departments, community health, social service agencies,
payors and other partners.
- Advocate for support appropriate to the age, biopsychosocial
needs, cultural, spiritual, and health literacy of the patient.
Identifies barriers to continuing care and planning of next level
- Function within the existing care team model.
- Collaborate with the inter/multi-disciplinary team facilitating
care conferences for complex patient care coordination.
- Maintain timely, written documentation as well as verbal
hand-offs within professional standards and in accordance with
department policies and procedures.
- Submit relevant ICD/CPT and DSM codes for reimbursement as
appropriate and required to the clinical setting.
- Act as an advocate for the needs and interests of the patient
and their family/support system by supporting self-determination
- Advocate for navigation of complex healthcare systems, various
payers, community services, education, system changes, etc. *Adhere
to mandatory reporting of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation.
- Provide clear and concise communication through consultation,
education, facilitation and team organization to patients and their
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, and patient
caregivers to enhance provision of care and services in care
settings across the continuum.
- Communicate changes in patient condition or goals of care
related to medical, mental, social, spiritual, environmental, and
eligibility factors to the inter/multidisciplinary team.
*Contributes to and updates the inter/multi disciplinary care
- Perform duties in a manner that adheres to social work
professional standards and code of ethics and in compliance with
regulatory bodies; NASW (National Assoc. Social Workers), TJC (The
Joint Commission), etc. Protects confidentiality and establishes
- Maintain a constant awareness of safety and legal aspects of
- Educate and communicate with the inter/multi-disciplinary team.
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Master's degree in Social Work from a Council of Social Work
Education (CSWE) accredited school of social work, or from a school
in candidacy status by the CSWE
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with the state of
- Two (2) years relevant Social Work experience, may include CSWA
experience About Providence in Oregon As the largest healthcare
system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers
exceptional work environments and unparalleled career
opportunities. The Providence Experience begins each time our
patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team
member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you
provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to
feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be
comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the
Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as
acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and
Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of
estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change,
explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease,
carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people
for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence,
our quality vision is simple, "Providence will provide the best
care and service to every person, every time." Providence is
consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in
Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical
centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous
areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny
southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban
setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working
with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our
many options in Oregon. About Providence At Providence, our
strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my
way." Working at our family of organizations means that regardless
of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your career, supporting
you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits
and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and
everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000
caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000
clinics and a full range of health and social services across
Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: P354064 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Social Services Job Function: Clinical Care Schedule: Per-Diem
Shift: Day Career Track: Clinical Professional Department: 5010
PMMC SOCIAL WORK CM Address: OR Medford 1111 Crater Lake Ave
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Medford , LCSW - Care Management *Medford*, Executive , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!