Director of Nursing (RN)
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Director of Nursing (RN) at Acadia Healthcare Job DescriptionThe
Director of Nursing for Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry is
instrumental in creating an empowering and professional
environment. The Director of Nursing is a visionary for the
department and how the department integrates into the entire
organization. Our Director of Nursing leads and engages employees
to provide optimal patient care and achieve the goals of the
organization.BENEFITSOHP provides a comprehensive package of
benefits for our employees.--Current benefits include:
- Competitive salary and bonus eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement to encourage continuing education
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the
industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national
family of hospitals and facilitiesDIRECTOR OF NURSING ESSENTIAL
- Sets the vision for nursing practice in the delivery of safe,
timely, efficient, equitable and patient centered care.
- Manage the daily operations of nursing services.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary treatment teams, other
departments and administration to ensure that all patients'
physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs
are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to
resolve customer complaints.
- Ensure nursing services are provided in compliance with the
laws and regulations of federal, state and local governmental
agencies. Standards are met for accrediting agencies.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team and on committees as
- Integrate nursing functions with clinical and programs,
ensuring efficient and effective operations.
- Provide leadership to assure compliance with local, state, and
federal regulations, as well as nursing practice standards.
Recognizes that patient safety is a top priority.
- Anticipates and effectively manage changes in census and acuity
and allocates nursing resources based on measurement of patient
- Role models expectations related to customer service and
demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of
- Evaluate service needs and staffing requirements to ensure
needs of patients are met
- Provide effective and efficient budget management that ensures
the best utilization of resources.
- Provide staff management to include hiring, development,
training, performance management and communication to ensure
effective and efficient department operation.
- Develop and implement health care related training that assures
the best possible delivery of health-related supports and services.
Review training at least annually and makes modifications as
- Develop and maintain documentation systems for continuity of
care and record storage that assures compliance with local, state
and federal regulations, as well as facility policies and
- Monitor unit/floor functioning by making frequent rounds.
- Intervene in crisis situations and investigate incidents.
- Develop and implement tools to measure, assess and improve
quality of nursing care, treatment and service.
- Actively participate in strategic planning and budget
- Oversee nursing services documentation to ensure it meets all
- Assist with direct care as needed.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILL
- Master's of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school
highly preferred. (Note: May be considered if candidate has
enrolled in a program to obtain the advanced degree within 18
months of hire and meets the other requirement.)
- Five or more years' experience in nursing practice
- Three or more years progressive managerial experience
- Three or more years' psychiatric/behavioral health experience
- Current RN license within the state of OH
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Acadia Healthcare's behavioral health treatment facilities are
specialized in helping children, adolescents, adults, and seniors
suffering from mental health disorders and/or alcohol and drug
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Medford , Director of Nursing (RN), Executive , Talent, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!