Elementary School Principal
Company: Kids Unlimited
Location: White City
Posted on: May 4, 2021
This exciting position will lead our new White City campus that
opened in the 2020-21 school year with a PreK program and
Kindergarten. We will be expanding next year and will add 1st
grade; and then will add a new grade level each subsequent year.
The official title for this position is the Associate Director of
Academics. The Associate Director of Academics will work closely
with the Director of Academics and Director of School Culture to
align the programs in White City with our Medford Campus and will
ensure our programs continue to thrive and grow each year.
Full-Time Salary/Contracted Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
DOE Major Responsibilities and Duties: Direct and manage
instructional programs and supervise operations and personnel at
campus level. Provide leadership to ensure high standards of
instructional service. Oversee compliance with KU and KUA policies,
success of instructional programs, and operation of all campus
activities. Instructional Management
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that
program activities are related to program outcomes and use findings
to take corrective actions.
- Regularly consult about planning, operation, supervision, and
evaluation of campus education programs. Include students and
community representatives when appropriate. School Morale
- Provide instructional resources and materials to support
teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members.
Encourage their active involvement in the decision-making
- Provide for two-way communication with the Director of
Academics & Director of School Culture, staff, students, parents,
- Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance
to staff and students. Recognize excellence and achievement.
- Ensure the effective and quick resolution of conflicts. School
or Organization Improvement
- Build a common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct
planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure
attainment of the school's mission.
- Identify, analyze, and apply research findings to promote
- Develop and set annual campus performance objectives based on
- Develop, maintain, and use information systems and records
necessary to show campus progress on performance objectives
- Interview, select, and orient new staff in collaboration with
the Director of Academics. Approve all personnel assigned to
- Define expectations for staff performance with regard to
instructional strategies, classroom management, and communication
with the public.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct
evaluation conferences with staff.
- Make recommendations to the Academics Director on termination,
suspension, or nonrenewal of employees assigned to campus.
- Work with senior administration to plan professional
- Confer with subordinates regarding their professional growth.
Work with them to develop and accomplish improvement goals.
Management of Fiscal, Administrative, and Facilities Functions
- Comply with KU/KUA policies, state/federal laws, and
regulations affecting the schools.
- Keep programs within budget limits. Maintain fiscal control.
Accurately report fiscal information.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized
reports, records, and other documents required including accurate
and timely reports of maximum attendance to requisition
- Manage use of school facilities. Advise facilities manager
about ongoing maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly,
and safe campus. Student Management
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline
management system that results in positive student behavior and
enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that
student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with
Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Conduct conferences about student and school issues with
parents, students, and teachers. Professional Growth and
- Develop professional skills appropriate to job assignment.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior.
Serve as a role model for all campus staff. School or Community
- Articulate the school's mission to the community and solicit
its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school and community needs and
initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community
and parent involvement.
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervise staff assigned to campus including teacher(s),
instructional aides as assigned. Working Conditions: Mental
Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional
control under stress. Occasional local and statewide travel;
frequent prolonged and irregular hours. Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Education or Educational Administration
- TSPC administration license strongly preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to coordinate campus functions
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and
- Three years experience as a classroom teacher with additional
experience in instructional leadership roles
Keywords: Kids Unlimited, Medford , Elementary School Principal, Education / Teaching , White City, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!