Social Media Specialist
Company: Harry & David
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Social Media Marketing Specialist will help develop and
manage the Social Media strategy for 1800Flowers.com's family of
brands, with a focus on brands within the gourmet food division and
as a member of the Enterprise Content & Innovation team. The goals
are to increase brand awareness and build an engaging social media
community by leveraging channel-specific content, blog content,
out-of-the-box thinking, social media best practices, influencers,
This position is responsible for using social media channels to
express 1800Flowers.com's family of brands effectively, and
directly engage with consumers to promote and inspire confidence in
our Enterprise's products. This is a fast-paced role with great
opportunities to work across departments and among multiple
Expectations include: research target audiences, able to write copy
for social media posts, able to schedule posts, manage influencer
campaigns, and analyze trending topics and new social media
platforms for future growth opportunities. This includes
cross-channel collaboration for emerging social media channels.
Additional responsibilities include carrying out a variety of
monitoring and analysis through social channels to gain customer
insights and competitive intelligence. Work closely with Customer
Care to ensure social media conversations are held to our high
standards of best practices and customer satisfaction.
- Research audience insights: Provide digital thought leadership
and unique strategies for the 1800Flowers.com Enterprise's social
and content platforms and communities including: Facebook,
Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest. Identify opportunities, tools and
trends in the social medi space and recommend the best course of
action with justifiable metrics. Understand current trends,
technologies and advancements in social, mobile and online
- Innovate our work: Be open and collaborative in working across
departments, such as Customer Care, Merchandising, Display, PR,
Creative, Partnerships, eComm, SEO, Email, Catalog, etc.
- Create world-class content: Develop and create unique content
for select brands within the 1800Flowers.com family of brands.
Develop a strategy for content calendars and able to schedule
social media posts in our publishing tools. Knowledge of Sprinklr a
- Management Skills: Foster relationships within the brand, plus
across the enterprise, vendors, agencies, and partners.
- Community Management: Manage campaigns with key content
creators and influencers based on business needs, content needs,
KPIs and budget across brands. Increase community size and
engagement by way of thoughtful content and interaction with
- Campaign focused: Our paid media team manages paid social
needs, but this role is expected to understand Audiences within
Facebook in order to strategically test posts and work closely to
influence content we feature and promote.
- Data-informed storytelling: Maintain a consistent system of
measurement and evaluation of social and mobile program success on
a weekly basis, and daily when we are in high-season.
- Other Projects: Work on special brand initiatives as requested
by the Manager of Social Media, as assigned. Other duties as
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least 2-4 years experience in social media, advertising, or
- Have demonstrated knowledge of mobile, emerging and social
media, and application to advertising campaigns.
- Deep understanding of social media universe including Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, blogs, etc.
- Ability to adapt to the style, tonality and vernacular of the
current "voice" of employee and consumer facing Facebook and other
- Self-starter with the ability to assist in the planning,
development, and implementation of projects/programs, with a
measurement of success.
- Work well under deadlines.
- Technology savvy with solid understanding of the web,
Photoshop, online marketing, direct marketing and best social media
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Lives in the space.
- Drive, energy, and passion to work with category-leading
Keywords: Harry & David, Medford , Social Media Specialist, Advertising , Medford, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!