Company: Rogers Corporation
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Summary: Supporting two manufacturing sites, The Cost Accountant
will provide accurate and timely analysis of cost data for
materials, labor, and manufacturing expenses. The Cost Accountant
will review and provide commentary for actual versus budget
performance, prepare journal entries for various accruals,
participate in weekly/monthly Operations and Finance meetings,
generate reports, and provide explanations for variances, and
perform other tasks as required. Essential Functions:
- Analyze and prepare reconciliations, commentary, and journal
entries for various manufacturing transactions including inventory
adjustments, cycle counts, labor, and overhead analysis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for obsolescence, capitalized
variances, miscellaneous accruals and others as well as a month end
checklist according to SOX requirements and distributes various
reports as necessary.
- Reviews various manufacturing variances including material
consumption and PPV and provides guidance to the operations
organization for variance reduction.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and annual calculation of cycle
count accuracy and quarterly audits of cycle count program. Ensures
that counts are done as scheduled.
- Supports internal and external audit requests, participates in
annual budget preparation and completes special projects and
- Daily review of production orders and resolving any variances
by research and working with operations staff.
- Advance production order status following review and make
corrections as necessary.
- Update Factory Utilization file for downtime using production
orders and shift summary reports.
- Process sales credits submitted by customer service team.
- Update and calculate labor and manufacturing rates using earned
hours and projected expenses as required. Input calculated rates
into ERP system.
- Assist with implementation of new ERP system expected to be
completed within the next 18 to 24 months.
- Coordinate and manage annual physical inventory
- Ensures that transactions, reviews, and analysis are following
SOX documentation and approval requirements. Qualifications: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of general accounting experience, some
exposure to standard costing
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Microsoft Excel; predominantly pivot tables and some complex
- ERP System familiarity.
Keywords: Rogers Corporation, Medford , Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!