Company: Blenheim Chalcot
Location: White City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Blenheim Chalcot is one of the leading venture builders in the
world. Headquartered in London from our flagship White City Scale
Space campus, we have been building exciting and disruptive
businesses for over 20 years. Blenheim Chalcot is responsible for
building some of the most innovative companies in the UK and
increasingly around the world - with significant operations in
India and the US, as well as emerging operations in South Africa
and South East Asia.
Our portfolio companies employ in excess of 4000 people, with the
central BC team itself numbering 350 - and all are scaling up
rapidly. Our assets under management are in excess of 1.8
We are heading into a period of ambitious scaling at Blenheim
Chalcot and across our businesses, in existing and new geographies.
As a result, we need a world class Finance Director to join one of
the BC ventures.
The Finance Director role is a truly pivotal role, and its impact
will be fundamental to the development and growth of Blenheim
Chalcot Portfolio business. This is a genuine opportunity for an
individual to broaden their experience at an exciting time for
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These are the
British Asian Trust, The Royal Foundation and Onside Youth Zones.
In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide
direct hands-on support to the charities through sitting on the
boards and much more.
* Honesty and integrity - trustworthy
* Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains
optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback and
willingness to change and experiment
* Team work - is collaborative and supportive, elevating and
developing others to deliver results
* Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things
* Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve, commitment
to high quality work
* People awareness - collaborative and supportive, respectful
* Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the
business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
What you will be doing
As the Finance Director, your role will be fundamental to the
successful development and growth of one of our portfolio ventures,
and with that will encompass responsibilities that include, but are
not limited to the list below.
* Supporting the wider management team in executing ambitious plans
and supporting strategic decisions based on financial data and
* Run end-to-end finance including financial reporting, regulatory
reporting, cash management, financial systems, FP&A and MI.
* Implement and ensure best-in-class frameworks and practices
around compliance and accounting.
* Interact with external stakeholders including shareholders,
auditors, banks, professional advisors, and suppliers.
What we expect from you from a personal perspective:
You will be a dynamic and disciplined thinker with a strong
intellect, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a
mark in fast-paced, growing environments.
* You will be entrepreneurial with an ability to flourish while
working alongside similarly intellectually curious senior
* You will have a low ego, be able to thrive in a learning
environment and be willing to listen.
* You will be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, with a bias for
action and ability to rapidly adjust as required.
* You will have experience operating in a matrix and constantly
changing environment, and will have demonstrable experience
navigating a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
* Qualified accountant (+4 years PQE)
* Experience as a Finance Director or Manager supporting and
driving growth of businesses from start-up to scale-up stages.
* You will have proven success serving as a true business partner
to senior executive teams.
* Financial services / lending business accounting practices would
* You will be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate and drive
growth, and have the flexibility to adapt to a dynamic,
* You will possess the business acumen and broad financial
perspective to act as an advisor to management and senior
* You will have a demonstrable track record of overseeing both
accounting and financial planning & analysis functions.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
* Be part of the UK's leading digital venture builder
* Have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the
incredible talent in BC
* Be exposed to the right mix of challenges, within a culture that
promotes continuous learning and development
* A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our
roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Individuals
seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note that we see
diversity as something that creates a better workplace and delivers
better outcomes. As such, we are keen to maximise the diversity of
our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and
By submitting your CV you understand that we have a legitimate
interest to use your personal data for the purposes of assessing
your eligibility for this role. This means that we may use your
personal data to contact you to discuss your CV or arrange an
interview, or transfer your CV to the hiring manager(s) of the role
you have applied for. You can ask us at any time to remove your CV
from our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - but
please note that this means we will no longer consider you for the
Keywords: Blenheim Chalcot, Medford , Finance Director, Accounting, Auditing , White City, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!