Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Remote, No Timesheets
Company: Chris Hervochon, CPA, CVA LLC
Location: Myrtle Point
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are a boutique CPA firm that specializes in virtual CFO
services, primarily for marketing and creative agencies and
nonprofits. We are an international team of five accountants, all
working remotely, and we are growing rapidly. We offer tax services
as part of our virtual CFO offering and we also have a small group
of business and individual clients. We are searching for a
forward-thinking tax genius to take over and grow our tax
Our culture strategy:
- Love of learning
What you'll be responsible for:
* Tax returns for all of our individual and business clients (-100
returns per year, currently). We dont prepare 990s, currently.
- Preparing quarterly estimates for clients
- Tax planning
- Reviewing sales tax returns
- Resolving tax notices
- Assistance with client payroll taxes
- Preparing and distributing client 1099s
- Assistance with business valuations
- Occasionally support accounting and bookkeeping staff in team
Who you are:
* You eat, sleep, and breathe all things tax.
- You're tech savvy and love to challenge yourself.
- You're continuously upskilling yourself and learning new
- You're super organized and detail oriented.
- You're a great communicator - you can explain difficult
financial concepts in an approachable way.
- You're comfortable interfacing with clients over video calls
- You're proactive when it comes to planning and never miss a
- You love coffee and it loves you (probably).
What we offer:
* Quarterly bonuses totaling 10% of yearly salary
* Work from anywhere - we're 100% remote
* Flexible work schedule
* Unlimited PTO
* 401k with 6% company match
* Company match of charitable contributions
* 50% company paid health benefits - health, dental and vision
* 100% company paid short-term disability insurance
* Paid CPE - we're serious about upskilling everyone in our
* No time tracking. We don't track time nor do we bill by the hour.
* Paid maternity and paternity leave.
* CPA, EA or JD required
- 5+ years experience in public accounting
- Experience working remotely required
- Experience completing tax returns from beginning to end, 1040s,
1065s and 1120S, primarily, is required
- Experience conducting, documenting and communicating tax
- Experience reviewing tax returns required
- Experience with QuickBooks Online required
- Masters in tax a plus
- Experience with ProConnect Tax Online preferred
- Experience with business valuation a big plus
- Experience with marketing and creative agencies a big plus
How to apply:
* Submit your resume
- Submit a link to a video (e.g. - Loom) explaining why you want
to come work with us
What you can expect from the hiring process:
* Step 1: Interview with the owner of the firm. Learn about the
firm and make sure we're a good fit! We'll ask questions about you,
your work experience, your bona fides, and may even throw in some
technical questions. You'll then have a chance to ask any questions
you may have - so be sure to have some ready!
- Step 2: Get to know the team with a 1:1 Interview with a team
member of the firm.
- Step 3: Provide 3 professional references (so we can check all
- Step 4: Onboarding and training will be provided to learn how
we do what we do.
- Step 5: Grow professionally in a culture of compassion,
learning and innovation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Work from home
* Monday to Friday
* Bonus pay
* Please provide a link to a video describing why you want to work
with us. An answer with a valid link is required for this
Keywords: Chris Hervochon, CPA, CVA LLC, Medford , Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Remote, No Timesheets, Accounting, Auditing , Myrtle Point, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!